Page 1 of 2
Best / worst concert
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:33 pm
by lazza
As a side-shoot from the "What music are you listening to" topic, and a comment by giberski, I thought a new topic was in order:
What was the best concert you have been to? the worst? or the last??
For me...
BEST: either the Stone Roses, Spike Island, 1990
or The Cocteau Twins, Norwich, 1996
WORST: Sheep on Drugs

, Norwich, 1997
LAST: Fat Boy Slim, ????
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:37 pm
by giberski
BEST: U2 - The vertigo tour, Bon Jovi - One wild night tour, Bryan Adams - Live in Norway, Faithless - Outrospective tour
WORST: Five (you remember the boyband, I had to keep an eye on my lil'sis.)
LAST: U2 - Vertigo tour
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:04 pm
by BogPoet
BEST: Smashing Pumpkins, Restelo Stadium, Lisbon, October 2000 (It WAS their farewell tour...)
WORST: I've seen !!! (Chk Chk Chk?) at Paredes de Coura this year and they were pretty bad. And then, of course, there's that famous Oasis concert in 2000, at Sudoeste where they were kicked off stage after 20m (that should probably be GOOD, though, as I hate Oasis

- although I'll admit it it was very disrespectful).
LAST: I've went to Paredes de Coura this year (last week, actually). Saw Kaiser Chiefs, the Bravery, Foo Fighters, the Pixies, Queens of the Stone Age, Arcade Fire... The very last concert was Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, so that would be it...
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:11 pm
by Hugo & Any
BEST: The Doors 06/12/2003
WORST: Zé Cabra, it was so bad that I can't even remember the date
LAST: Blasted Mechanism, god concert
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:26 pm
by helloggs
Best: Beastie Boys 'Body movin' in 1998, Rammstein this year, Underworld in 2003 (don't know if you can call this a concert, too)
Worst: Rosenstolz (german band mostly admired by gay people) in 2002
Last: U2 'Vertigo' in the Olympiastadion
All concert were in Berlin
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:59 pm
by de*lerger
Best: Crowded House - Paradiso, Amsterdam, July 1988. They only had one album out at the time, so they played a lot of (old) Split Enz songs
Worst: Never seen a real bad show, but Huey Lewis was not really giving his best during the show in Ahoy, Rotterdam (was it 1989 ?). Support act Melissa Etheridge saved that evening.
Last: ZZ Top - Closing act at the Bospop Festival in Weert (NL), 11 July 2003 (it was already the 12th when they finished)
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:07 pm
by alex77r
BEST : my best concert ever were DJ Tiesto @ Disneyland Paris on 16.04.2005
with Mr Euro

WORST : none
LAST : DJ Tiesto
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:20 pm
by Luigi_Delvecchio
BEST: Anathema, Within Temptation and Nightwish in Vilar de Mouros Festival 28/07/05. Just can't decide which one was the best, all three were really great!!!
WORST: can't remember
LAST: Toranja
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:48 pm
by vermeer
WORST: every concert in the Amsterdam Arena
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:54 pm
by golfinha
Best: Bon Jovi (in 1994, I think)
Last: Kussundulola
Worst: A brasilian goup, so bad that I can´t remember the name (after that day I have a hard time do accept that thei sell so many records, it's really terrible, the guy's voice in the albuns must be very well treated, alive it's impossible to discribe - not as bad as Zé Cabra, but very near)
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:04 pm
by Max
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:18 pm
by SUp3rFM
I've seen a lot of concerts in Portugal, altough my country was away from the big bands route for some time.
The Best: Rolling Stones, U2, Chemichal Brothers and Air
The Worst: Guns'n Roses
The others were OK.
The two Air concerts I saw were simply magic. Love them.
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:13 am
by Eriks
Difficult......
To the best belong: Dead Moon, Arno Hintjens (several times), Chili Peppers and Pogues both at Pinkpop long ago, Asian Dub Foundation and 5 Blind Boys from Alabama (both at Greenbelt, UK), last Green on Red in Den Bosch, Goran Bregovic (Utrecht), Camina Burana (The Hgue), Lou Reed (Reykjavik), Kevin Coyne, the "balcony concert" long ago in Tivoli, Utrecht and of course Normaal in Tivoli too this year.
Worst: years ago I went to Magnapop in Tivoli, Utrecht. The press said they were hot, but what a overrated band!!!!!
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:20 am
by etty
BEST: Placebo (Zagreb, 03) and (Venice, 06)
WORST: Depeche Mode, Ljubljana
LAST: Muse, Vienna
NEXT: Muse, Zagreb
conclusion: concerts in Slovenia sux

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 am
by Eriks
Next:
19/9 The Police - Arena, Amsterdam.
22/9 Arno Hintjens - Tivoli, Utrecht.