Page 1 of 1

Bookcrossing

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:17 pm
by tiura
Since Postcrossing topic has gathered some interest, I thought that this would also. Bookcrossing is already mentioned in some topics (yes, I did do a search before opening a new thread), but it has no thread of it's own.

Basicly, it's about registering books to a site and then releasing them to the wild. You can then follow your books by the unique number that was given to them when they were registered. People who find your book can make a journal entry, tell where they found the book, did they like and what they did with it.

You can find more information here: http://bookcrossing.com/friend/tiura

That is my referer link. Like in EBT, I don't get any profit if you register through my link, it's just fun to know who read my message and liked it.

Here's direct a link: http://www.bookcrossing.com/home

I joined yesterday, registered my first book, and it is now waiting to be left somewhere to be found. Maybe I just leave it at my workplace coffee room table, because I already spammed my workmates with this. :)

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:41 pm
by sergeantmajoor
I also am a member of bookcrossing and I made a new topic in Holland about this, the toopic is locked after one day, so here I am.
I allready registred about 350 books and released about 50, of wich 7 are found and re-registred.

Bookcrossing.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:43 am
by Anne
:lol: I just joined bookcrossing, two days ago.
I haven`t yet released a book in to the wild, but will be doing so shortly!

Someone sent me the info on bookcrossing to my web site, here in Greece.
So I checked it out and joined, it looks like fun.

It will be interesting to see just where my books end up! :wink:

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:55 pm
by Dakkus
Hey, a new Greek face! Great :)
There aren't too many of you around here yet, so it's just great having you here. So, now that you have written your first post, please get addicted and write a couple dozen dozens more.

Wish you a pleasant journey in the world of these conversations :)

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:10 pm
by Anne
:lol: , I will do that!

So where are the other`s in Greece? :?:

Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:35 pm
by sergeantmajoor
:D today I combined bookcrossing and EBT, we had a mass release in our province zeeland, I spreaded about 30 books on my island Tholen.
The results are good: I had two books found today and more important .......
:D A HIT with the other EBT-user on my island......Jabosa 2 :wink:

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 am
by eddydevries
Today I joined bookcrossing.

At the EBT-meeting in Duisburg we got some books to leave it in the Netherlands.

The first one of them has been released already.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:43 pm
by jovada
I've tried it a couple of years ago, but none of my books was ever found. I even left one in the lobby of our library... How desparate can you be?? :) So I gave up... Now it's only EBT and postcrossing.com (since two weeks) :)