The year 4006
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- querty
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 999
- Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
- Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium
The year 4006
Is it possible that someone in the year 4006 or other years in the future still can read what we are writing now? Or is there an age on all of these topics?
I think such a forum like this can be interesting for someone in the future too. Because they can read what we think, what's happening in the world, how we life, how many hits we have, they even can see our hits, ...
EDIT: I noticed that I left this topic in the Euro-notes and coins board. Can somebody put this in the Off topic board? Thank you.
I think such a forum like this can be interesting for someone in the future too. Because they can read what we think, what's happening in the world, how we life, how many hits we have, they even can see our hits, ...
EDIT: I noticed that I left this topic in the Euro-notes and coins board. Can somebody put this in the Off topic board? Thank you.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)
Carpe Ico
Carpe Ico
- Bender
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1342
- Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:14 am
- Location: Aachen /Aken /Aix-la-Chapelle /Aquisgrán
- Contact:
when the people in the near future transfer this data into actual formats, the possibility is given. but if not, nobody is able to read our stuff in 2000 years. for example, cd-roms as we use them today won't be read by the people in just 50 years, because the development is so fast..
Personal Stats last Updated 0605-2007
Ranks: EU 217 / DE 053 / DE-NRW 021 / Local 001 (From 0605-2007/1447h)
Notes 19953 / Interesting Hits 56
Ranks: EU 217 / DE 053 / DE-NRW 021 / Local 001 (From 0605-2007/1447h)
Notes 19953 / Interesting Hits 56
- haemoglobin
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1414
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:26 pm
- Location: Oldenburg, Germany
- Contact:
Bender wrote:when the people in the near future transfer this data into actual formats, the possibility is given. but if not, nobody is able to read our stuff in 2000 years. for example, cd-roms as we use them today won't be read by the people in just 50 years, because the development is so fast..
Floppy disks will never be used in less than 10 years anymore.
But I think that most computerdata can be saved. So in 4006 there might be someone who can read this
So if he/she/(other option) can read this: Hi, How are you? Have fun with this information! It's all about tracking Euros
Last edited by Fons on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euro is eternal 
Mes stats
Monde: 28
France
: 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays
Monde: 28
France
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays
- ZoneTripper
- Euro-Regular

- Posts: 200
- Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:53 pm
- Location: Kuopio, Finland
- Contact:
4006? That's nothing. How about sending message ~50000 years into the future? Well, it's possible. KEO project aims to send capsule into space so it can safely return after orbiting earth for 50000 years.
Article explaining more about this project http://seti.astrobio.net/news/article117.html
Article explaining more about this project http://seti.astrobio.net/news/article117.html
[#EBT@IRCnet] - [User report]
- Jes
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4933
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
- Location: Away from home (once again)
- Contact:
Re: The year 4006
Hello! I come from the futurequerty wrote:Is it possible that someone in the year 4006 or other years in the future still can read what we are writing now? Or is there an age on all of these topics?
I think such a forum like this can be interesting for someone in the future too. Because they can read what we think, what's happening in the world, how we life, how many hits we have, they even can see our hits, ...
EDIT: I noticed that I left this topic in the Euro-notes and coins board. Can somebody put this in the Off topic board? Thank you.
I think all this information will remain here alone and one day it will dissapear. just alike other web-pages which are now unvisited.... Just go to any forgotten page and you will find it totally old-fashioned; and few time later the page will not be aviable....
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
- turtle
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1504
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 9:00 pm
- Location: Everywhere, Netherlands
- Contact:
Damn this was me :O More than 2 years agoturtle wrote:Already reading but not postinglazza wrote:Maybe someone from 4006 is already reading this.... monitoring our every topic for subversive conversation....![]()
Allright, this is scary:P
- eddydevries
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 20032
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
- Location: Rotterdam (NL)
- Contact:
Re: The year 4006
Hello,Jes wrote:Hello! I come from the futurequerty wrote:Is it possible that someone in the year 4006 or other years in the future still can read what we are writing now? Or is there an age on all of these topics?
I think such a forum like this can be interesting for someone in the future too. Because they can read what we think, what's happening in the world, how we life, how many hits we have, they even can see our hits, ...
EDIT: I noticed that I left this topic in the Euro-notes and coins board. Can somebody put this in the Off topic board? Thank you.(not the year 4006 but 2008... just 2 years before this topic was forgotten here
)
I think all this information will remain here alone and one day it will dissapear. just alike other web-pages which are now unvisited.... Just go to any forgotten page and you will find it totally old-fashioned; and few time later the page will not be aviable....I think the end of the web pages is smilar to animals' death. (Not humans death as we have a soul
unless you are not a beliber
![]()
)
I'm from the same future
I think, in the year 4006 people can't read anymore what we've written, because they use another writing.
They would think the same about us what we think about those living around the year 0 (of our current calander, which by then maybe also has changed): "old-fashioned".
Maybe they use the same letters, but they speak another language. How many of you speak Latin (which was the main language at that time)? (or they have to study on purpose).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing