Page 1 of 2

Euro2008 Qualifiers

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 pm
by lazza
Some interesting groups....

Group A
Portugal, Poland, Serbia & Montenegro, Belgium, Finland, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan

Group B
France, Italy, Ukraine, Scotland, Lithuania, Georgia, Faroe Islands

Group C
Greece, Turkey, Norway, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Moldova, Malta

Group D
Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, Wales, Cyprus, San Marino

Group E
England, Croatia, Russia, Israel, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Andorra

Group F
Sweden, Spain, Denmark, Latvia, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Liechtenstein

Group G
Holland, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Albania, Belarus. Luxembourg

I think England have a relatively easy group, although Croatia and Russia can be difficult opponents. Groups A and B look the most difficult to me.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:55 pm
by Fons
"We" (Netherlands) really have an easy group!

There's not even 1 really strong opponent in our group... :) :?

Other groups are inculded France and Italy, or Czech Rep. and Germany. Or Sweden+Spain.

Kazachstan+Belgium
:wink: :oops: :? :twisted:

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:04 pm
by Klazu
Soccer, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because Finland really sucks in it... :roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:09 pm
by Fons
Klazu wrote:Soccer, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because Finland really sucks in it... :roll:
Well, you have Litmanen and Riihilahti :wink:

But, Finland is better in ice hockey, I remember that the Dutch national ice-hockey-team played some friendly matches against Finnish clubs. I think they've lost most of them.

Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:36 pm
by €€F
Group B is so hard...

Re: Euro2008 Qualifiers

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 am
by yli
Groups A, B looks also the most difficult to me.
But Group C and G could also get a suprising end result (sorry fans from Greece and Holland). What I have heard about the reaction here in The Netherlands, is that most people think Group G is easy. But never underestimate countries like Romania, Bulgaria and Slovenia. And wasn't Belarus a former qualify apponent....with poor results in Minsk ?

Well, first there in the World Cup in Germany this summer :wink:

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:33 pm
by nickzy
Group G
Holland, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Albania, Belarus. Luxembourg
a very easy group :lol:

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:49 pm
by xaserman
Klazu wrote:Soccer, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because Finland really sucks in it... :roll:
Even my team is Olympiacos, I really like, the post Panathinaikos player, Kolka. In which team plays now?

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:13 pm
by arathorn
xaserman wrote:Even my team is Olympiacos, I really like, the post Panathinaikos player, Kolka. In which team plays now?
Joonas Kolkka plays in ADO Den Haag nowadays.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:17 pm
by Fons
nickzy wrote:
Group G
Holland, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Albania, Belarus. Luxembourg
a very easy group :lol:
It is, but we shouldn't underestimate (<?) Romania and Slovenia, they can be quite good. And in this group we can't really practice against strong countries, we might get weaker and weaker and go back home after the group phase during the EC2008

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:58 pm
by MetalAtog
Klazu wrote:Soccer, I just don't get it. Maybe it's because Finland really sucks in it... :roll:
That's good news for Portugal :lol:

Not an easy group for Portugal, Serbia is a very difficult opponent, Poland and Belgium are also hard, but I believe we will get through.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:29 pm
by JP Simões
I wouldn't say it's good news to be in a group with Poland, Serbia and Belgium.

Finland beat us 4-1 in the last meeting in 2002 (and it was in Portugal) 8O
We drew with Azerbeijan 1-1 in the €URO-2000 Quals, with Figo scoring in minute 93. 8O 8O


It really is NOT that easy :cry:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:35 pm
by MetalAtog
Zé da Silva wrote: Finland beat us 4-1 in the last meeting in 2002 (and it was in Portugal)
Remember that our coach at the time were Antoni Oliveira, the worst was always expected.

Sure it's not easy but the other teams should be worried about facing Portugal as well.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:54 pm
by pepitopulpito
Spain against cooooold countries... :oops:

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:57 pm
by turtle
I don't like football that much but if i have to choose one country i'll choose germany :lol: (noo, not holland ;) ) Holland is always so overdone with all that orange :D Germany too but that's why..everybody here is for holland and against germany, so i am in favour of germany :lol: