Page 1 of 3

Change hour

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 am
by eurojuanmi
I have written this post at 2 am or 3 am? because now the hour is changed

http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtop ... 219#261219

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:55 am
by angelita
You probably wrote it at 2, but it took you so long to do that, that you posted it at 3 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Change hour

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:54 am
by pepitopulpito
eurojuanmi wrote:I have written this post at 2 am or 3 am? because now the hour is changed
You probably should sleep a little more...

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:08 am
by androl
now it should be 11:07

...correct.
But are now all messages posted yesterday one hour wrong? I mean, a message that was posted 24 hours ago, does it also say 11:07 now? I think it does, because only the time setting in my profile has changed to Timezone: GMT+2, the times are saved without additional hour in the database.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm
by Dakkus
In Finland the change from winter time to summer time happened at 03:00.. So, after 02:59 came 04:00.
It was funny looking at the special local train timetables. Suddenly it takes over an hour driving 1km :))

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:37 am
by eurojuanmi
And what about the Radio-Controlled watches??? Casio has some models with this feature, it must be very useful in this cases, when changing the time, also curious to see the watch turning into the correct time itself.

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:07 pm
by giberski
I'm against the change hour, so I refused to change time!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:42 am
by tabbs
As long as you keep in mind what time it actually is (when you have meetings etc.), nobody will care. :wink:

Christian

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:08 am
by eurojuanmi
The change of Hour is supposed to save Energy, but I don't think it helps very much, the light you won't use at afternoon is used at the morning...

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:27 am
by tabbs
eurojuanmi wrote:The change of Hour is supposed to save Energy, but I don't think it helps very much, the light you won't use at afternoon is used at the morning...
I don't care much - it's nice though to have long sunshiny evenings. :)

As for how much energy can be saved, well, I don't know. But in most of the US and parts of Canada, for example, the summer time (daylight saving time) period will even be extended as from 2007, ie. a couple more weeks than this year. Why would they do that if there was no such "saving" effect at all?

Christian

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:53 pm
by helloggs
eurojuanmi wrote:And what about the Radio-Controlled watches??? Casio has some models with this feature, it must be very useful in this cases, when changing the time, also curious to see the watch turning into the correct time itself.
I have a Junghans watch with that feature, but it's no fun to stay up to 3.00 in the night just to watch this exciting process... I saw it once two years ago because I was awake for another reason, and in fact the clock needs some time to receive the signal and to sync, so the hand went back 15 minutes late or so...
And I always wondered if there are other time transmitter in Europe than the one in Frankfurt. with its 2000 km radius.

And about saving effects: I read a study where it was said that a big thunderstorm has more effect on the electricity consumption than the DST. I guess, most people like the longer evenings (me included) so they just stick to it, disregarded there are no power savings measurable.

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:00 am
by eurojuanmi
2:00 or 3:00 am?

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:10 am
by eurojuanmi
I was just going to the bed when I thought: in 9 minutes is the hour change!, so I could write an EBT post, and again I´m awake at 3 o'clock, or at 2 o´clock?

In this photo I have written a post the Octuber 29 at 3:00 am, but my clock says Octuber 29 at 2:00 am, I have gone to the past?

Image

Like pepitopulpito said: I should sleep a little more...

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:02 am
by 3948
We had to turn the clock back one hour.
From 3 to 2 am.

The clock on your puter changed automaticly.

You just have to change the settings in your profile on the forum too. Those don't change automatic ofcourse.

Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:28 pm
by tabbs
helloggs wrote:And I always wondered if there are other time transmitter in Europe than the one in Frankfurt.
Don't know about Continental Europe, but there is one in the UK too.
http://www.npl.co.uk/time/msf/

My clock (I am in Germany) usually works with the DCF signal that you mentioned, but depending on where I travel,
I can also use the British MSF signal, the American WWVB signal, and the two Japanese JJY signals. Have not
been to Japan yet though. :wink:

Christian