Page 1 of 1

Which notes can you get from the ATM-cashmachine?

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 5:33 pm
by Craco
This topic was already posted on the French Board by Francky. But i'm putting it here on the English board to get some more reactions from other countries.

In Belgium, i can choose between 20 EUR and 50 EUR from the ATM in the Selfbank of Fortis-bank. Apparently there is another bank in Belgium, where you can get also notes of 5 EUR (according to a post on the French board).

How about in the other countries?

Greetzz,

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:21 pm
by htb
In the netherlands one can't choose which notes you want. You just enter the amount of money you want to withdraw. The ATM's have 10, 20 50 euro notes. Today I withdrew EUR 80 and I got a 50, a 20 and a 10 euro note.

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:51 pm
by smh
htb wrote: In the netherlands one can't choose which notes you want.
Thats not completely true, it depends on which ATM you try. There are some ATM's which give you some choices. But indeed i think most banks only have 10,20 and 50 notes. Last weekend i took €250,-- but didn't get any 100.

BTW, i think they should give more smaller notes. When i take 100 i always get 2x 50. so i mostely take 80 or 90 to at least have som smaller notes.

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:20 pm
by pinguino79
In Italy they give ? 10 and ? 50 bills, but you can't choose which ones you want

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 8:24 pm
by Craco
Just to clarify: In Belgium, the most common ATM's are the one where you can't choose, which notes you want. The ATM's give you the notes depending on the sum you withdraw. The one I use is a sort of selfbank and i have the option to really choose between 20 EUR or 50 EUR or mixed. I always take 20 EUR, so that i have more notes to enter. :lol:

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 10:55 pm
by mts
20 and 50 in Finland, and you can't choose what notes you get, it depends on the sum.

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 10:36 pm
by micro
I often drew 50 EUR from machines and got every combination of notes (5, 10, 20, 50). I never saw any ATMs where you can choose. In bigger banks with more than one ATM I sometimes see signs saying 10- and 20-notes from this machine or 50-notes from this one or similar, but mostly the signs lie.

ATM's in Portugal

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 11:38 pm
by Vítor
Here all the ATM's work the same way, and all of them can give 5, 10, 20 and 50 euro notes.

by the way, Portugal is the european country with more ATM's per capita.

ATM's in Portugal

Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:21 pm
by mts
Vítor wrote: Here all the ATM's work the same way, and all of them can give 5, 10, 20 and 50 euro notes.
8O ..and here they say it's too expensive to keep more than two different notes in ATM's..

Just a correction

Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:40 am
by Vítor
I'm not completly shure that the ATM'S give 50 euro notes, but it's true that they give 5, 10 and 20 euro notes, as in the past they used to give 1, 2 and 5 contos notes.

I don't know if that's expensive or not, but it would be a lot more expensive if we had to enter in the bank to get the notes we'd like.

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:40 am
by nanda
It´s true vitor..
in Portugal ATM have 5, 10, 20 and 50..

Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:51 pm
by martijn
here in the netherlands I now one ATM that gives 5 euro notes. At the other ATM only 10 euro and bigger.

Martijn

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:43 pm
by Sneakster
I think it varies. For instance, when I visit the ATM in my neighbourhood — right next to the store where I was checking out an industrial plastic tank — I don’t have a choice. But when I get money from the ATM in my place of birth, I do have a choice in notes. Yesterday I visited The Hague and withdrew €70. It came in 2 bills of €20, 2 bills of €10 and 2 bills of €5.
BTW, one of the €20 bills was from Finland, with the serial L02x03690xxx, about which note I was very surprised to get it out of a Dutch ATM. So you see, notes are spreading in due time!

Re: Which notes can you get from the ATM-cashmachine?

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:45 pm
by MDeen
Craco wrote:This topic was already posted on the French Board by Francky. But i'm putting it here on the English board to get some more reactions from other countries.

In Belgium, i can choose between 20 EUR and 50 EUR from the ATM in the Selfbank of Fortis-bank. Apparently there is another bank in Belgium, where you can get also notes of 5 EUR (according to a post on the French board).

How about in the other countries?

Greetzz,
In the Netherlands it´s common to find 10, 20 and 50 Euro notes. In Austria I received 2 100 Euro notes while withdrawing 200 Euro, and in Portugal and Spain (where I´m on a holiday now) give 5, 10, 20 and 50, and they have a preference for the smaller denominations (I once got 5´s, 10´s and a few 20´s when withdrawing 200 Euro!)

Maarten