Page 1 of 3

Why do you post to this forum?

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:20 pm
by Antti
I started wondering why I post to this forum. I got worried when I realized how important it is for me to post something everyday :? . I think I'm going crazy, taking this little too seriously. But before calling a psychiatrist I decided to ask you why you are posting messages here.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:20 pm
by Skylimit
I'm not an addict,
maybe that's a lie

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:32 pm
by emmem
I mainly post because I like to do it. So the answer that fits me best is the first one.

When my forum ranking rises, I must say I like that too, but it’s just some minor addition that adds to the total fun.

There was a period when I had a target of minimum one post a day, but now I only post when a subject cries for a reply or if I have an idea that cries to be posted. :)

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:02 pm
by Tiger
idem as emmem :D

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:12 pm
by Olivier
I post all my messages on the forum because I like very much to talk wich friendly people abroad. I also like to share my obsession of euros and EBT with other crazy fans... and to discuss about Europe, other ways of life...

Thank to EBT and its forum, I have met Nicola - Pimguino for the first EBT meeting, in Venice! ;-)

It's becoming more important since I live far from Europe! :-)
For me, the number of posts is not that important.

Olivier

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:54 pm
by BossaNova
well I do it because is fun, and there isn't better place to say all the stupid things that occur to you then the internet.. so I write in this forum, in an afro-portuguese, and in a brazilian one..

but sometimes I think I'm getting adicted.. so probably one day.. I'll dissapear just like Craft... :roll:

but if that ever happen all my stupid or not-stupid posts will remain.. not like Craft's.. :wink:

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:38 am
by Tiger
Craft didn't really disappear.... he is still here, but just as a spectator.
Rarely, he posts something on the Suomi forum.

:)

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:30 am
by Skylimit
An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
(My feeling says, it is public property, the same way as it is impossible for somebody in the media to just erase his statements once they have been printed in newspapers ... you can clarify, withdraw or whatever, but never erase... ) What do you think ?

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:38 pm
by Antti
Skylimit wrote:An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
Well, I'm not sure about that
Craft (in another thread) wrote:I have also learned that anyone's posts turn to sort of public property, and maybe the writer does not fully have the right to decide even on his/her own posts once posted here in public.
But if Craft (the only one who I know really deleted almost all his posts) said this I think not then. And I think I missed a lot because I haven't read Craft's posts, except quotes used by others. In the quotes and the few remaining posts he seems like a very interesting and intelligent fellow.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:09 pm
by wouter
I post just for the fun. I like this forum there are some interesting discussion and i like to participate.

(and raise my forumranking :twisted: :twisted:

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:27 pm
by Debtam
Skylimit wrote:An interesting question :
does a user have the right to remove all his postings on a public forum, or are they public property, once they have been there a while?
Yes a user have that right, it is one of the options on this forum.
There can be a reason to erase some postings, but I cann't imagion a good reason to erase all your postings.

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:29 pm
by Debtam
wouter wrote:I post just for the fun. I like this forum there are some interesting discussion and i like to participate.
So do I

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:46 pm
by Wouter1
Off course it's fun, but all of us look at our rankings.

I would lie if i'd say I wasn't

Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:51 pm
by hebben-en-houden
Antti wrote: I think I missed a lot because I haven't read Craft's posts, except quotes used by others. In the quotes and the few remaining posts he seems like a very interesting and intelligent fellow.
Sometimes, when I am reading old posts on this Forum, I can see a littlebit of Crafts quoted replies. Sometimes it is just like a puzzle and than I have to guess what he has said... : :(

I guess he must be a person with a good sense of humour and I also would have liked to have spoken him on the forum :

I really like this forum, it is a group with different ages and nationalities, and I think, we are all a bit crazy, spending so much time on those eurobills :wink:

Hopefully, it will grow on and on and get even a bigger community as it has become right now :!: :P

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:20 pm
by wouter
you can read something more about craft in this topic
http://forum.eurobilltracker.eu/viewtopic.php?t=610