How many countries can you name in 10 minutes?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Post Reply
User avatar
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, UK

How many countries can you name in 10 minutes?

Post by lazza »

Try this:

http://andys.org.uk/countryquiz/

(Unfortunately it's biased for English speakers, as the country needs to be spelled correctly).

I managed 110...did OK on Europe, Asia and South America, but very badly on Africa and the Caribbean. But isn't it strange how your mind goes blank... I must have spent 30 seconds trying to remember the name of the tiny country between switzerland and austria... and when I remembered, I couldn't spell it :oops: :lol:
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

112. Albeit I shouldn't count Niger which I kinda got for free while trying to write Nigeria :D So, 111.

Some that I couldn't write correctly in English but did remember: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Azerbaijan, East Timor (this was apparently just a typo, after all), Tajikistan and Yemen

And I thought I had written Romania, but apparently hadn't.
And I completely forgot for example Japan and Indonesia. My internal mapping system is clearly still imperfect.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Divine
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1020
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:41 pm
Location: Tampere, Finland

Post by Divine »

94 :( My mind didn't go blank as much as I simply lost lots of time due to severe difficulties with the spelling of different -istans.
Deliberately affecting the note circulation just because of EBT is like cheating in solitaire. :twisted:
Seteleiden liikuttelu vain EBT:n takia on vähän kuin huijaisi pasianssissa. :twisted:
User avatar
diogocanilho
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3329
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Location: Mealhada, Portugal
Contact:

Post by diogocanilho »

92 :oops:
There´re lot of differences between english and portuguese countries names...
User avatar
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Bray, Ireland

Post by Fjon »

108
Stupid pacific islands and African countries always let me down
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Post by yli »

I got 126

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kenya, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe,

but I even forgot counties that I have visited (Albania, Kazakhstan, China 8O )
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
User avatar
JP Simões
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 9709
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:13 pm

Post by JP Simões »

I got 116 (Belgium and Slovenia not included :oops: ).

And I didn't know that (DR) Congo's full name was (Democratic Republic of) the Congo. But I thought of those, so I deserve partial credit.
De férias por período indeterminado...
EuroNederweert
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: Nederweert (Netherlands)
Contact:

Post by EuroNederweert »

I've got 112. I will try again and see if I can remember more countries then.
EBT name changed in Montfort
User avatar
Akajoe
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:46 am
Location: Hoboken (Belgium)
Contact:

Post by Akajoe »

92 countries left...
Scotland the brave!
Sirmia
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Budapest. Hungary.

Post by Sirmia »

114. Strange how my mind seems to remember (for example) Equatorial Guinea, while it forgets about... Greece. :oops: And Bulgaria. :oops:
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Post by BogPoet »

99.

Luxembourg was one of the very last ones.

Missed that I shouldn't have: Austria, Chile, Colombia, Equador, Hungary, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Sao Marino, Singapore, Switzerland.

Remembered them, but didn't know English spelling: Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau (at the very last seconds: I only missed the hyphen, apparently :( ), Guyana, Philippines, Republic of the Congo (forgot "the"), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (see previous), Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Tajikistan, The Bahamas ("the" this and "the" that...).

Also, I remembered that former Dutch Guyana is now a country with a different name, but couldn't recall it (Suriname).
Tracking (again) Image
User avatar
Zjonbelz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Kaulille, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Zjonbelz »

I've got 137 :D

Could have been even more, but miss spelled some countries and I just kept forgetting names of countries I know...
User avatar
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Bergamo & Bolonjo, IT
Contact:

Post by WinstonSmith »

122 out of 192.
I kept on writing Hercegovina instead of Herzegovina.
I lost one minute trying to write Vatican, Vatican City, Vaticancity, Holy see, Holy Vatican, Popeland, Ratzinger City... only to find out that it's not in the UN.
And I lost another one trying to write Centrafrican Republic / Republic of Central Africa / Centre Africa Republic, without succeeding! :D
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”