Suspicious notes and users

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Mr Euro »

I think people are often mistaken about this topic. In this topic is to post suspicious notes and users. That is it. Discussions about interesting or not, fake or not are upto the hitmoderators and cleaning girls.

Concerning the cyprus-vienna triple. I went to the EBTM meeting in Vienna, I discussed with some of the Vienna/Austria users. I learnt about their ways of eurobilltracking, I went to banks and I have a hit myself in Vienna with not that much notes entered. Vienna is becoming a hitcentral after Finland. That's the reality and in those kind of area's, hits happen and things like the cyprus-vienna hit bound to happen once in a while. Result: I demoderated the hit.
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by nossi »

Thank you very much, Mr. Euro! :D

Now it was a really good meeting also in an other way :wink:
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

So, saw your decision, BoD must change this rule:
There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else
After 25 hits with the same users and same days is clear that the entire bundle was in the hand of an other EBT user the day before.
User avatar
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4596
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by an-148 »

presidente wrote:So, saw your decision, BoD must change this rule:
There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else
After 25 hits with the same users and same days is clear that the entire bundle was in the hand of an other EBT user the day before.

that's not totally sure, since some bundle are remixed at the banks :!:
It can happen that the first 25 (or part of 25) bills are from one origin and the following ones are of different origin: so, if somebody handles like you propose, he will miss the registration of 75 totally different bills (and maybe another hit, not parent with the others).
IMHO, the user should continue to register all 100 bills on the same day and, if they are all from the same user, km and day, having automatically the 99 other hits moderated: an EBT user who has a bill in his hand should not avoid to register it, regardless if an eventual hit is to be moderated or not.
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
zimmerge
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: VIENNA - Austria

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by zimmerge »

-STAR- wrote:
presidente wrote:A question for Wien users: how it's possible to make hit of one day like this? http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=53983299..we are speaking of Wien (with a population of about 1.7 million(2.3 million within the urban area) - from Wikipedia) not of a little city with a population of 1000 !!! 8O 8O 8O Sorry but it's impossible not have doubts!!!
This hit also caught my eyes.

First, it was only a "normal" hit with :flag-cy: Cyprus that team nossi made, which is -rare enough, but definitely not impossible- a really nice one,
especially because it has been found in a bank that Viennese trackers usually don't visit (Gärtnerbank Simmering), yet even know.

Now, zimmerge seems to have found several bundles (as far as I can see, at least three) of team nossi in the 21st district -containing this
and four more hits- by occasion, presumably due to the fact that these bundles have been exchanged by team nossi there yesterday.
This can happen even in Vienna, so nothing to worry about.

Or do you doubt that it happened by occasion? :?
Rgds, Franz
Dear all,

I never exchange one or more notes with other (also international) trackers from which I know that he is a tracker.
Unfortunately you (presidente) don´t visited our Summer-Meeting in Vienna: I was the cashier on this meeting and I give out only brandnew notes from the nationalbank and the incomming notes was friendly brought from my wife to different banks in vienna very outside the most popular "tracker-banks".
I'm also unlucky by finding a bundle from another tracker - all this hits are uninterested for me - unfortunately not all banks in vienna changing bundles of notes.
You and every other can be sure that I (and every other tracker in vienna also) is going to a bank only to find a bundle from another tracker - have a look to our notes-reports -> in many bundles you can´t find one hit -> ask our guests on the summer-meeting (for example schlauchen)

Best regards zimmerge
früher ging es uns gut - heute geht es uns besser -> es wäre besser, es ginge uns wieder gut

tradition ist die weitergabe des feuers und nicht die anbetung der asche
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Mr Euro »

Suggestion to all

Think before answering. Take a break of a few hours and enjoy life for a while. You all take EBT way to seriously. It's a hobby. No one will be hurt when a hit is or is not moderated. Be friends, life is too short to have lenghty discussions about rules.
User avatar
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:23 am
Location: 1100 Wien [Vienna, Austria]
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by -STAR- »

STAR wrote:And trust me, I would never go into a bank branch and exchange bills into a given denomination when I knew that another tracker
has brought notes of this denomination into the bank the very same day or even a few days before, because I don't want and I don't need
this kind of hits .
presidente wrote:Seems that STAR thought is not valid for all Wien users
First, the cited text above is my point of view, not necessarily valid for others.
Second, the really important word in my statement is now written in bold green.
Usually you don't know when another tracker has exchanged bills in the bank branch we are about to enter. If I knew, I wouldn't exchange bills there.
Third, you omitted two other paragraphs of my statement, which in combination with the important word above might lead to different conclusions.
On Sep 4th 2009, -STAR- wrote:It is one case going into a bank where you know another tracker has exchanged notes in the past few hours or days,
but it is a completely different case going into a bank where you suppose another tracker might have exchanged notes in the past.

As for Vienna for example, if the latter of the two cases has to be avoided, I would not be able to go into any
bank branch because of the vast number of trackers in Vienna exchanging their money in virtually every bank here.
Asking for such measures would be ridiculous. It is nonsense. This is what Gnaeus already pointed out.
presidente wrote:I don't want to be wrong but I pretty sure that EBT give you possibility to insert 25 notes max in one shot, I think is more correct after the first 25 hits of one day and with the same user interrupt the insertion of the other 75.
This is a bad idea. You suggest not entering the rest of the bills, though it is not sure, i.e. one cannot know in advance if the rest of the bills
have originally been in this bundle; it might have been mixed, split apart, there might be other hits becoming triples or even quadruples then.

You must be kidding, this is not serious.
Rgds, Franz


EDIT: EOD for me here, unless we open another thread dedicated to discussing such things.
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
User avatar
-STAR-
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:23 am
Location: 1100 Wien [Vienna, Austria]
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by -STAR- »

Mr Euro wrote:I think people are often mistaken about this topic. In this topic is to post suspicious notes and users. That is it.
Discussions about interesting or not, fake or not are upto the hitmoderators and cleaning girls.
Maybe we should open a discussion topic then, because they arise more often than not...
Rgds, Franz
Recent & 1000 day Stats | EBT Profile | AT Short Codes | VIE Revisited
30.08.2010 • U2 • 360° • Praterstadion • Vienna • Austria • I was there!
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

Mr. Euro Star..everybody first of all I like this type of discussion and personally nothing of personal against all of you, :D :D Yes it's an hobby, a game where nobody earns nothing and for this reason I would like to have rules equal for all and very clear.
When I was a young user and I discoverred this fantastic game I showed this game also to my cousin (Jost68). He didn't appreciate like me (en fact now is a non active user) but he started to insert notes.
In my notes I put Bologna but we live in one very little town near Bologna, name is Mezzolara (pop. of 1200) ...very easy make hit together (only one PUB only one newsstand) and we started to made some hits. I didn't remember but at the 3rd o 4th hit somebody start to moderate this hits. Ok no problem I thought that this means that hit like this are not interesting and rules say to moderate it.
Similar happened also with my colleague ALDAMAR. Now that I am old not only as age but as EBT user i ask me why moderators are using different parameters to moderate hits made from same users.
If we consider good the hit that gave start to this discussion ok no problem but 80% of my hits moderated must be considerated good.
I remain howewer of the opinion that this hits are not interesting..but seems I am the only to one to think this so means that I am wrong.
Sorry if I went OT but I needed this clarification.
User avatar
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: Rīga, Latvia
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Gnaeus »

Mr Euro wrote:Suggestion to all

Think before answering. Take a break of a few hours and enjoy life for a while. You all take EBT way to seriously. It's a hobby. No one will be hurt when a hit is or is not moderated. Be friends, life is too short to have lenghty discussions about rules.

THANK YOU!! :D :mrgreen:
User avatar
Eliezer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:11 pm
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Eliezer »

Please moderate these hits of mine with EOD1 - and cleaning girls could confirm that these are clearly faking:
http://fi.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=15535615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (1249 days)
http://fi.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=15535618" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (1087 days)

They are from the same bundle of notes. EOD1 entered notes from this same bundle also on 2009-01-14, 2008-11-04 and 2008-08-13 - before 2009-02-25 when most of his/her notes were removed.
zimmerge
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1550
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: VIENNA - Austria

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by zimmerge »

presidente wrote:So, saw your decision, BoD must change this rule:
There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else
After 25 hits with the same users and same days is clear that the entire bundle was in the hand of an other EBT user the day before.
... but do you don't know this, when you give in the first 25 bills that the other 75 bills from the first tracker are in the same bundle ...
Maybe the bundle is mixed by the bank or the first tracker brought only this 25 (or 43 or 50 or any other number between 25 or maybe 1000 - I know trackers in vienna which reserved 10 bundles in one bank !) to this one special bank where you want a bundle of notes
I think its crazy that you discuss about this 25 hits - I have more moderated than "real" hits with vienna users
But let us talk about your 1 day hit: http://de.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=68527659v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -> 158 km in one day without any help ???

zimmerge
früher ging es uns gut - heute geht es uns besser -> es wäre besser, es ginge uns wieder gut

tradition ist die weitergabe des feuers und nicht die anbetung der asche
User avatar
Adela.Merchan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:07 am
Location: Madrid - Spain

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Adela.Merchan »

zimmerge wrote:But let us talk about your 1 day hit: http://de.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=68527659v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -> 158 km in one day without any help ???
It is a similar speed of one of your hits: http://es.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=63937496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -> 168 km/day
Would I be wrong if I imagine a similar help? ;)

BTW, I'm very happy that foreigner visitors get hits involving Spain :D
Cita del día:
"El secreto de la felicidad no está en hacer siempre lo que se quiere sino en querer siempre lo que se hace." (León Tolstói, novelista ruso)

Quote of the day:
"The secret of happiness is not always doing what one wants, but to love what one does." (Leo Tolstoy, russian writer)
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

zimmerge wrote:
presidente wrote:So, saw your decision, BoD must change this rule:
There's one basic rule: you shouldn't enter a note if you know in advance that it has already been entered by someone else
After 25 hits with the same users and same days is clear that the entire bundle was in the hand of an other EBT user the day before.
... but do you don't know this, when you give in the first 25 bills that the other 75 bills from the first tracker are in the same bundle ...
Maybe the bundle is mixed by the bank or the first tracker brought only this 25 (or 43 or 50 or any other number between 25 or maybe 1000 - I know trackers in vienna which reserved 10 bundles in one bank !) to this one special bank where you want a bundle of notes
I think its crazy that you discuss about this 25 hits - I have more moderated than "real" hits with vienna users
But let us talk about your 1 day hit: http://de.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=68527659v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -> 158 km in one day without any help ???

zimmerge
Zimmerge your face is incredible, you have an hit ratio that is incredible for a city like Wien and you want from me explanations? before I want from you explanations of many your "strange" hits.
no time now to make this big list
Last edited by presidente on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

I think location wrong for this two hits
2009-09-09 02:20:41 Graz-St. Leonhard - London klapotec - franci1 1216 671
2009-09-09 02:20:41 Radenthein - London Hinti Kärnten - franci1 1118 251

http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=56948100
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=37980074
Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”