Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 12:06 pm
Location: Frankfurt / Main

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Asiamaniac »

So different are the tastes. Generally, this year's ESC I liked very much. Maybe apart from the French contribution there was no song that I did not like at all. Nice tunes or arrangements, some interesting shows; all in all a more "classical" touch instead of noise only.

Great show this year. Let us see who will win.
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
User avatar
Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Kleinschwarzenbach / Helmbrechts / Franconia / Germany
Contact:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Schlauchen »

erm.... is wikipedia lying (I didn't watch the votes yesterday) or did norway really win? If yes, why? (Also last year I didn't like the russian song :? )
And why is finland (in irc-channel #eurovision called "winland" by all the fins) placed in last position? (looooooooser ;) )
User avatar
gille
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Wiekevorst, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by gille »

Congratulations Norway! :D
Brand new website: #IceBucketChallenge Videos
User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Ewri »

Asiamaniac wrote:I just know the songs from watching the show. Right now Albania is singing.

My favourites so far are Greece and Iceland.

And well, the German contribution this year is not as dull as it was too often in recent years. Should not be worse than rank 15.
I liked the German song, but he could have worn something better. Those silver pants....... disgusting.

The UK singer almost bumped into that violin lol.
User avatar
pipocadoce
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3197
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:15 am
Location: Portugal-Alentejo

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by pipocadoce »

This winner song is not the kind of music we listen in our country. Image
Smile ;o) always 76 :flag-eu: 62 :flag-pt: ,4 :flag-de: ,3 :flag-nl: ,1 :flag-si: ,2 :flag-es: ; 2 :flag-fr: ; 1 :flag-be: ; 1 http://pt.eurobilltracker.com/img/flags/Thailand.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :flag-th:
my profile
Postcrossing
Postcrossing forum
User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Ewri »

pipocadoce wrote:This winner song is not the kind of music we listen in our country. Image
maybe it won because it was veeeeeery simple in lyrics.
User avatar
gustrot
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 1:58 pm

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by gustrot »

I am sure that to win, you need :
- a good rythm
- English lyrics
- a good diaspora can definitely help (Turkey, Armenia or Russia had plenty of votes thanks to this phenomenon)
Je collectionne les billets neufs, surtout français 50 € et +, mais j'étudie avec plaisir toute offre ! Je peux les changer contre des 5 € non encodés ! N'hésitez pas à me contacter avant de froisser un 20 € grec neuf !

I collect Euronotes, especially French 50 to 500€, but very open to others !
I can swap your new notes vs. bunddles of non-entered 5 € notes ! Don't hesitate to pm me !
User avatar
luc4mz
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: London (UK)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by luc4mz »

I don't understand 1 thing:
This program was based on an Italian program of the 1950s and it's still going (Festival di San Remo), why Italy doesn't have any singer (it can happen, I mean nobody were choosen or something else...) and why Italy wasn't voting? There were countries like Andorra, Moldova, Armenia...(no offense for this countries :P )
Luc4mz
Proud referral of the 144 444th user in EBT!
http://www.ebt.eu.tc
R o t m a n k a - eBay
User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Ewri »

luc4mz wrote:I don't understand 1 thing:
This program was based on an Italian program of the 1950s and it's still going (Festival di San Remo), why Italy doesn't have any singer (it can happen, I mean nobody were choosen or something else...) and why Italy wasn't voting? There were countries like Andorra, Moldova, Armenia...(no offense for this countries :P )
Italy chose not to participate for the time being. If they want to participate, they will be directly into the final night, together with Germany, France, Spain and Uk because they pay more than other countries.
User avatar
luc4mz
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: London (UK)

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by luc4mz »

Ewri wrote:
luc4mz wrote:I don't understand 1 thing:
This program was based on an Italian program of the 1950s and it's still going (Festival di San Remo), why Italy doesn't have any singer (it can happen, I mean nobody were choosen or something else...) and why Italy wasn't voting? There were countries like Andorra, Moldova, Armenia...(no offense for this countries :P )
Italy chose not to participate for the time being. If they want to participate, they will be directly into the final night, together with Germany, France, Spain and Uk because they pay more than other countries.
Thank You Ewri for your fast answer
Luc4mz
Proud referral of the 144 444th user in EBT!
http://www.ebt.eu.tc
R o t m a n k a - eBay
Guest

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Post by Guest »

Sirmia wrote:For me, the first 3:

1: Estonia
2: Ireland
3: Portugal

and Norway gets an extra prize as I can't even compare it with the other songs! But I love it :lol:

I also like the songs of Iceland, Switzerland, Finland, Lithuania, France and Romania :)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”