Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

mizar
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by mizar »

My Image CH experience and UPDATE for Switzerland!

13 Migros Bank ATMs in 11 cities (Basel 2x, Bern, Freiburg/Fribourg, Kreuzlingen {just across the border from Konstanz :D}, Neuchâtel, Lugano, Luzern, Winterthur, Zürich 2x+Wallisellen) have also "changeomat" option, where you can change euros into francs and back. Just be careful not to tear the banknotes! The machines have a really strong grip, so you have to pull strongly but not too much and not too fast. Fortunately I tore just francs :lol: For 15€ (from 20 CHF) they give 3x :note-5:, dunno if it means they don't have :note-10:. Look for $/€ mark in the list (on top of the page you can choose also French or Italian version)

Otherwise it's quite difficult to change money without commission, the easiest I found was Migros Bank agencies and Cantonal Bank for even smaller places, very likely also in Bank Coop. The latter two might also have changeomat somewhere (e.g. here), but I have a reason to believe this might be just to get CHF change... There might be also one in Lausanne train station.
User avatar
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Velenje, Slovenia
Contact:

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by bzajc »

I just returned from Turkey. As the locals told me almost all ATMs dispense €. Well i tried in Pamukkale. At least 2 ATMs at the entrance to the town dispense :note-50:. I got it at AKbank ATM with 2 € fee from my bank.
User avatar
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:40 pm
Location: Nürnberger Land, Germany
Contact:

Re:

Post by roberdy »

micdab wrote:
Phaseolus wrote:Could you please provide more details where you saw this ATM, as I did not see any in the Montreal Airport. There is a possibility that I would go back there, so I might be interested.
It was past the security check, somewhere close to my gate, which was B52. There were two machines next to eachother: one with CAD and the other with EUR. I believe they were from the Royal Bank (Banque Royale), but i could be wrong.
I didn't reach the ATM at Image Montréal Trudeau Airport, because my connecting flight (to Cuba! 8O ) started at Gate 49, which is the "national" area, and there was an extra checkpoint to get to the international gates 50 onwards :(
Another ATM -free accessible- in the check-in area for US flights gave only US$.

On the backward journey I had a stopover at Image Toronto Pearson International Airport: :D
P1020746.JPG
P1020746.JPG (66.8 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
I could withdraw with my German Visa credit card. Only :note-20: , L/U freshly printed, limit 400 EUR.
Balanced in CAD at a rather bad exchange rate... 1EUR = 1,482 CAD

This ATM is located in Terminal 1 near the check-in desks "H", free accessible.

At least two more ATMs with EUR (and GBP) I saw in the security area near the gates E69 and E75. :)
User avatar
AKVS
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1199
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:36 pm
Location: Helsinki

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by AKVS »

Gibraltar, Glacis Road, Raphael Bank ATM offers the option to withdraw GBP or Euros.
colondee
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:24 am

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by colondee »

.
Last edited by colondee on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Petri6 »

Eliezer wrote:I am currently in Sweden for a few months and here there are plenty of ATMs that claim to have euro notes available. As I tried it out I found that such ATMs don't work at all (not even with Swedish crowns) when I tried to use them with cards with both debit and credit properties. With an only-debit card the ATM would have given out Swedish crowns but not euros. Probably the system does accept only Swedish cards but it was really a disappointment.
I had the same problem with the EUR ATMs at Heathrow and if I recall correctly, also somewhere else abroad. It was relatively weird as it is a Mastercard.
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Petri6 »

de*lerger wrote:At this moment I'm in Jönköping, Sweden. Here I found 4 atm's that dispense euro's: Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Smålandsbanken and Länsförsäkringar. Unfortunately Swedbank (€20 notes only) is the only one where I really could get euro's, the others didn't accept my card for "foreign currency".
Either this is out dated information, or at least doesn't apply to all Swedish Swedbank and Handelsbanken (or was it Hansabanken, I'm not sure) ATM:s, not at least the ones in terminal 4 and terminal 5 (and between) Stockholm Arlanda Airport. I tried both a Finnis Nordea debit/credit card and a Finnish Nordea Visa Electron -card.
User avatar
ravestorm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 11851
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:43 am
Location: Ferrara, Italy

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by ravestorm »

Belfast, First Trust Bank - Donegall Square North
An ATM that dispenses euro notes only :mrgreen:
«Io dormirò tranquillo perché so che il mio peggior nemico veglia su di me.»
  • Biondo - Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

PLEASE, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Il 19.09.2013 ho scritto: Comicerò a cambiare atteggiamento da ora in poi, quindi che il forum non si lamenti se da ora in avanti verranno prese misure drastiche.
User avatar
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5315
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: Lies - Terschelling (NL)

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by de*lerger »

Petri6 wrote:
de*lerger wrote:At this moment I'm in Jönköping, Sweden. Here I found 4 atm's that dispense euro's: Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Smålandsbanken and Länsförsäkringar. Unfortunately Swedbank (€20 notes only) is the only one where I really could get euro's, the others didn't accept my card for "foreign currency".
Either this is out dated information, or at least doesn't apply to all Swedish Swedbank and Handelsbanken (or was it Hansabanken, I'm not sure) ATM:s, not at least the ones in terminal 4 and terminal 5 (and between) Stockholm Arlanda Airport. I tried both a Finnis Nordea debit/credit card and a Finnish Nordea Visa Electron -card.
The info could be outdated, it's almost 3 years ago since I wrote this message. Not All Swedbank ATM's contained euros, but the ones that mentioned them didn't cause any problems when using a Dutch card. These were in Haparanda, Jönköping, Ljungby and Strömsnäsbruk. The other "euro-containing" ATMs in Jönköping didn't give euros when I used my Dutch card. Didn't try to get Swedish Crowns just to see if my card would be accepted.
My map
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Petri6 »

de*lerger wrote:
Petri6 wrote:
de*lerger wrote:At this moment I'm in Jönköping, Sweden. Here I found 4 atm's that dispense euro's: Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Smålandsbanken and Länsförsäkringar. Unfortunately Swedbank (€20 notes only) is the only one where I really could get euro's, the others didn't accept my card for "foreign currency".
Either this is out dated information, or at least doesn't apply to all Swedish Swedbank and Handelsbanken (or was it Hansabanken, I'm not sure) ATM:s, not at least the ones in terminal 4 and terminal 5 (and between) Stockholm Arlanda Airport. I tried both a Finnis Nordea debit/credit card and a Finnish Nordea Visa Electron -card.
The info could be outdated, it's almost 3 years ago since I wrote this message. Not All Swedbank ATM's contained euros, but the ones that mentioned them didn't cause any problems when using a Dutch card. These were in Haparanda, Jönköping, Ljungby and Strömsnäsbruk. The other "euro-containing" ATMs in Jönköping didn't give euros when I used my Dutch card. Didn't try to get Swedish Crowns just to see if my card would be accepted.
Just to clarify, the ATMs I tried gave out different currencies , but only Swedish Crowns could have been withdrawn with the said cards.
RKPLt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by RKPLt »

In Lithuania you can take Euros from Swedbank ATMs in bigger towns. What is unusual - they give :note-100: besides :note-50: and :note-10: .
Geros medžioklės! / Have a good hunt!
User avatar
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2300
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Location: Eindhoven & omgeving, Nederland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by R/J »

I have withdrawn Euros from Swedbank ATMs in Linköping and Uppsala. There should be an earlier post from me about this.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
Mullams
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:23 pm
Location: EU

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Mullams »

One of the cash machine owners and operators in Poland, Euronet, with a network of more than 2000 machines across the country, will introduce euro withdrawals ( :note-50: ) this year, starting with more than 220 ATMs in Warsaw (http://www.euronetpolska.pl/biuro_praso ... tach_.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
User avatar
aplfi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:19 pm
Location: Nokia/Finland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by aplfi »

RKPLt wrote:In Lithuania you can take Euros from Swedbank ATMs in bigger towns. What is unusual - they give :note-100: besides :note-50: and :note-10: .
Tested earlier this week one in Marijampolė, address Laisvės gatvė 4. There was an option "priority small notes" I took 100e with this option and got 10x10e notes. They were unused F/N-notes. ATM was located inside of the bank.
User avatar
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5174
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Joensuu/Suomi/Finland

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Aatos99 »

There is ATM which gives euros,pounds or dollars in Bodrum,Turkey.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”