Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Untill last week when I did get a (passive) hit, then I would get a welcoming note when connecting on the website such as "Hi, you got one hit since your last connection".
Now, since one week, I do not get this message anymore. Was there anything changed ?
Now, since one week, I do not get this message anymore. Was there anything changed ?
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
nothing's changed here.........Phaseolus wrote:Untill last week when I did get a (passive) hit, then I would get a welcoming note when connecting on the website such as "Hi, you got one hit since your last connection".
Now, since one week, I do not get this message anymore. Was there anything changed ?
still get that same message.....
you do get hit-mails?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.....
Join the EBT team on What Pulse
My stats: https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/bren_nmgn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
feel free to add: facebook
MY PROFILE
Join the EBT team on What Pulse
My stats: https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/bren_nmgn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
feel free to add: facebook
MY PROFILE
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
I do get the email-message, but already twice (hits are not soooo frequent in France) thefirst page at connection does not provide the usual "you had one hit since your last connection"...bren_nmgn wrote:nothing's changed here.........Phaseolus wrote:Untill last week when I did get a (passive) hit, then I would get a welcoming note when connecting on the website such as "Hi, you got one hit since your last connection".
Now, since one week, I do not get this message anymore. Was there anything changed ?
still get that same message.....
you do get hit-mails?
- Montgomery Burns
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 3636
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:49 pm
- Location: Lis., PRT
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
My latest hit was on the 15th, and I saw the message when I visited the site.
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
My only passive hit was almost 3 weeks ago, and I saw the message (which for me was a new thing
).
- Phaseolus
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 13441
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:16 pm
- Location: Quelque part ou même ailleurs !
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
I saw the message, that is back again, but obviously something has happened as the message contains the plural form whilst I had only 1 hit mentionned, so the link must have jumped, but, it has been reconnect with no respect of plural or singular.
- eddydevries
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 20032
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
- Location: Rotterdam (NL)
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
The eurobilltracker.eu url's are all redirected to eurobilltracker.com (Announcement by avij).
The problem was indeed, that if you're logged in with the one website, you're not logged in at the other one.
But I've a question:
If I marked my notes, I used always the .eu url (and I also use this in my links at other websites), because I want to avoid that people think we're a commercial company who want to earn money out of this website. Many people won't join us for that reason, while .eu isn't that negative. That's why I want to keep using .eu for advertising Eurobilltracker.
If I'm correct, when Eurobilltracker started, .com was the only extension available for "international websites" (.eu didn't exist at that time). Maybe, if it did exist, it would be .eu at the start already. Now we're an Association, we can also use the *.org
.
Finally my question
:
Is it possible to keep using the .eu url's, or will (in some time) the .eu be blocked?
The problem was indeed, that if you're logged in with the one website, you're not logged in at the other one.
But I've a question:
If I marked my notes, I used always the .eu url (and I also use this in my links at other websites), because I want to avoid that people think we're a commercial company who want to earn money out of this website. Many people won't join us for that reason, while .eu isn't that negative. That's why I want to keep using .eu for advertising Eurobilltracker.
If I'm correct, when Eurobilltracker started, .com was the only extension available for "international websites" (.eu didn't exist at that time). Maybe, if it did exist, it would be .eu at the start already. Now we're an Association, we can also use the *.org
Finally my question
Is it possible to keep using the .eu url's, or will (in some time) the .eu be blocked?
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
- klapotec
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2630
- Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:18 pm
- Location: Steiermark / Štajerska / Styria
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
You can already use eurobilltracker.org - like eurobilltracker.eu and eurobt.eu it redirects to eurobilltracker.com.eddydevries wrote:Now we're an Association, we can also use the *.org.
If we're not seriously running out of money for keeping all the domains, you can keep on using .eu (or .org) URLs.eddydevries wrote:Finally my question:
Is it possible to keep using the .eu url's, or will (in some time) the .eu be blocked?
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
What about eurobt.eu? I like it most to write on an old note since it's short and doesn't have the dreaded "com" in it. Will it be kept too?
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Ok, for quick reference, can someone put in a list of all EBT domains?
- lmviterbo
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 7529
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:23 pm
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
There's a topic for that: http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 38#p119929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;SeanW wrote:Ok, for quick reference, can someone put in a list of all EBT domains?
- androl
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4318
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
- Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
what happened to the list of P/5/R notes?
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... =5;n=16799" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
only two are there any more
yesterday there were still more notes
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... ry=Belgium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; brings more notes, but only starting from Feb 2011 (I think these notes started to appear in 2007)
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... =5;n=16799" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
only two are there any more
yesterday there were still more notes
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... ry=Belgium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; brings more notes, but only starting from Feb 2011 (I think these notes started to appear in 2007)
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
- eddydevries
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 20032
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
- Location: Rotterdam (NL)
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
It's strange: I've got 195 myself (my first one).androl wrote:what happened to the list of P/5/R notes?
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... =5;n=16799" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
only two are there any more![]()
yesterday there were still more notes
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?ta ... ry=Belgium" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; brings more notes, but only starting from Feb 2011 (I think these notes started to appear in 2007)
They would have to be in this list, too.
And according to this table, there're 16799 of them in the database.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
- eddydevries
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 20032
- Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
- Location: Rotterdam (NL)
- Contact:
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
I found a missing (actually: "incorrect") link at the page of links for searching postcodes.
The page mentioned in the first one (Universal Postal Union) doesn't exist anymore, but the list is now on this site.
The page mentioned in the first one (Universal Postal Union) doesn't exist anymore, but the list is now on this site.
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.
Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.
Through the years I have by mistake entered some notes using the wrong denomination, then edited to correct it. If such a note happens to be a hit it will not be public. I have had to go to Settings -> Share hits and check it. It will also do this for your unknowing hitpartner(s).
Is there a reason for this or is it just a simple bug?
Is there a reason for this or is it just a simple bug?
Cash is king. | My EBT profile
