Page 1 of 1

Poll about current layout

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:23 pm
by EuroBillTracker
How important is the info on the right of the screen in EBT to you ?

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:30 pm
by pinguino79
Those boxes are essential; especially the tracking count (just to see at a glance if there are new trackings and how many).

boxes

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:43 pm
by DoubleYou
You told me to help improving the site, but those boxes are giving you some fine information. :idea: Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu. That would improve the site's functionality. Tell what you all think.

Re: boxes

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:07 pm
by EuroBillTracker
DoubleYou wrote:Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu.
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the site is designed for larger screens but frames are absolutly out of question. They are too clusmy and result in too many problems.
But let's not get into a technical discussion here about that !

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:27 pm
by Mr Euro
I only look at the upper one. The other are not that interesting for me. A box with the latest 10 hits could maybe interesting.

important!

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:24 pm
by rlaurenssen
The right boxes I always use to look how many new note thre are.
And how many new users. I can't miss that part.
Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
That would be nice. I also miss the pictures of the notes in the "My notes"section.


Rob.

Re: important!

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:41 pm
by HNL
rlaurenssen wrote:Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
Yes, I like this idea very much. Maybe it is also possible to view your own rank / place. So far as I know is this not possible if you are not in the top 10 of users :idea: .

Re: important!

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:33 pm
by EuroBillTracker
HNL wrote:
rlaurenssen wrote:Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
Yes, I like this idea very much. Maybe it is also possible to view your own rank / place. So far as I know is this not possible if you are not in the top 10 of users :idea: .
Yes it is... see how this site is too complicated !! We need to simplify it.
How ? Go to complete lists, then look for yourself or click on "next" at the bottom of the screen.
You can even do that for your own country, add &country=Netherlands for example to the URL

add to

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:36 pm
by DoubleYou
It should be much more easier if there was a link instead of adding something to the URL. Some people who aren't reading the forum but want the same are asking themself how to do it. Simplifying is good, but I guess it's very difficult because the whole site is only one PHP code.

Re: add to

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:40 pm
by EuroBillTracker
DoubleYou wrote: It should be much more easier if there was a link instead of adding something to the URL.
That's just because I haven't added the little piece of HTML and javascript to do it... I'll try to do it tomorrow
DoubleYou wrote: Some people who aren't reading the forum but want the same are asking themself how to do it. Simplifying is good, but I guess it's very difficult because the whole site is only one PHP code.
Not sure I understand your point there

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 8:44 pm
by DoubleYou
EuroBillTracker wrote:Not sure I understand your point there
What I mean, all the suggestions put here by the users, some users of eurobilltracker.com does want it too, but don't know how to do. Like you said
EuroBillTracker wrote:You can even do that for your own country, add &country=Netherlands for example to the URL
there are some users at eurobilltracker.com who aren't reading the forum I guess. So if the want to do the trick with the URL, how should they know? Making a link, what you are going to do, will be good.

Re: boxes

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:56 pm
by emmem
About the information on the right :
Most of my logins I look at the total box. The top users are intresting too. But I hardly ever look at the top refferers. So instead of the top refferers maybe top countries could be shown (in number of bills... or even in total accumulated value). :)
EuroBillTracker wrote:
DoubleYou wrote:Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu.
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the site is designed for larger screens but frames are absolutly out of question. They are too clusmy and result in too many problems.
But let's not get into a technical discussion here about that !
I'm of the same persuasion. Sometimes I save some pages to my hard disk (stats, ranks, ...) to look how some stats were before. And using frames will generate to many pages. :cry:

Boxes on the right

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 4:44 pm
by Sneakster
I am mostly interested in the number of trackings and in the best users section. The box with the best referrers is of no interest to me.