Poll about current layout

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply

How would you feel if the boxes on the right were removed ?

Fine, I don't look at them anyway
4
11%
Sad, I look at them all the time
28
80%
What boxes ? I really don't care
3
9%
 
Total votes: 35

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Poll about current layout

Post by EuroBillTracker »

How important is the info on the right of the screen in EBT to you ?
User avatar
pinguino79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:44 pm
Location: Vicenza, Italy, EU

Post by pinguino79 »

Those boxes are essential; especially the tracking count (just to see at a glance if there are new trackings and how many).
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
DoubleYou

boxes

Post by DoubleYou »

You told me to help improving the site, but those boxes are giving you some fine information. :idea: Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu. That would improve the site's functionality. Tell what you all think.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: boxes

Post by EuroBillTracker »

DoubleYou wrote:Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu.
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the site is designed for larger screens but frames are absolutly out of question. They are too clusmy and result in too many problems.
But let's not get into a technical discussion here about that !
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

I only look at the upper one. The other are not that interesting for me. A box with the latest 10 hits could maybe interesting.
User avatar
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:50 pm
Location: Hellevoetsluis, Netherlands

important!

Post by rlaurenssen »

The right boxes I always use to look how many new note thre are.
And how many new users. I can't miss that part.
Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
That would be nice. I also miss the pictures of the notes in the "My notes"section.


Rob.
User avatar
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: important!

Post by HNL »

rlaurenssen wrote:Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
Yes, I like this idea very much. Maybe it is also possible to view your own rank / place. So far as I know is this not possible if you are not in the top 10 of users :idea: .
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: important!

Post by EuroBillTracker »

HNL wrote:
rlaurenssen wrote:Maybee there could be a possibility to see the total value of your own bills. :)
Yes, I like this idea very much. Maybe it is also possible to view your own rank / place. So far as I know is this not possible if you are not in the top 10 of users :idea: .
Yes it is... see how this site is too complicated !! We need to simplify it.
How ? Go to complete lists, then look for yourself or click on "next" at the bottom of the screen.
You can even do that for your own country, add &country=Netherlands for example to the URL
DoubleYou

add to

Post by DoubleYou »

It should be much more easier if there was a link instead of adding something to the URL. Some people who aren't reading the forum but want the same are asking themself how to do it. Simplifying is good, but I guess it's very difficult because the whole site is only one PHP code.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: add to

Post by EuroBillTracker »

DoubleYou wrote: It should be much more easier if there was a link instead of adding something to the URL.
That's just because I haven't added the little piece of HTML and javascript to do it... I'll try to do it tomorrow
DoubleYou wrote: Some people who aren't reading the forum but want the same are asking themself how to do it. Simplifying is good, but I guess it's very difficult because the whole site is only one PHP code.
Not sure I understand your point there
DoubleYou

Post by DoubleYou »

EuroBillTracker wrote:Not sure I understand your point there
What I mean, all the suggestions put here by the users, some users of eurobilltracker.com does want it too, but don't know how to do. Like you said
EuroBillTracker wrote:You can even do that for your own country, add &country=Netherlands for example to the URL
there are some users at eurobilltracker.com who aren't reading the forum I guess. So if the want to do the trick with the URL, how should they know? Making a link, what you are going to do, will be good.
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: boxes

Post by emmem »

About the information on the right :
Most of my logins I look at the total box. The top users are intresting too. But I hardly ever look at the top refferers. So instead of the top refferers maybe top countries could be shown (in number of bills... or even in total accumulated value). :)
EuroBillTracker wrote:
DoubleYou wrote:Maybe the site should be framed, so you always can see the menu.
Thanks for the suggestion. I agree that the site is designed for larger screens but frames are absolutly out of question. They are too clusmy and result in too many problems.
But let's not get into a technical discussion here about that !
I'm of the same persuasion. Sometimes I save some pages to my hard disk (stats, ranks, ...) to look how some stats were before. And using frames will generate to many pages. :cry:
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Boxes on the right

Post by Sneakster »

I am mostly interested in the number of trackings and in the best users section. The box with the best referrers is of no interest to me.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”