The largest digital panoramic photo in the world

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm

The largest digital panoramic photo in the world

Post by Viperazzi »

http://triton.tpd.tno.nl/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

It took one hour to be photographed and many days to finish. 2,5 gigapixels, it's size is 7,5 gigabytes. 8O
You'll find more info about it on this link: http://www.tpd.tno.nl/smartsite966.html

Let me introduce a competition: Who can find a car with the following license plate: PP-LR-79
Hint: It's a Ford. :D
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

There are living strange people in The Netherlands ... check out the person on a bike -??- (at the right hand side of the main road, on the street at the right going from the main road, just above the car parking, left from a bus stop) 8O :lol: .
Or the connexxion bus :roll: :lol: ...
User avatar
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 7683
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: The largest digital panoramic photo in the world

Post by Klazu »

I found this very same page a week ago from Tiede magazine's webpage. I thought to post it here, but forgot to. Luckily you did do this. :)
Osku-82 wrote:Let me introduce a competition: Who can find a car with the following license plate: PP-LR-79
Hint: It's a Ford. :D
I found it but won't say where because someone might be looking for it. :wink:

I also found bhoyeb's person but what was funny about him? :?

I also wonder if that's a big city in Holland, because it looks like one to me. And what they're building in back there. Ten cranes seem to be standing over there. Something huge I guess. 8O
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
User avatar
Fireball
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: The largest digital panoramic photo in the world

Post by Fireball »

Osku-82 wrote:http://triton.tpd.tno.nl/gigazoom/Delft2.htm

Let me introduce a competition: Who can find a car with the following license plate: PP-LR-79
Hint: It's a Ford. :D
it's red. on the left buttom of the foto. next to the alfa romeo!

Damn wicked foto!!!

next question: where is the sticker with the symbol that you can't smoke
hint: it's on a window , hint²: wartme-krachtcentrale
User avatar
Fireball
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:29 pm
Contact:

Re: The largest digital panoramic photo in the world

Post by Fireball »

lol let's play big brother
User avatar
cornjac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 16227
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:29 pm
Location: Bergen op Zoom Nederland

Post by cornjac »

I found it . Thats a very nice photo.
Indeed Big Brother :wink:

Cornjac :roll:
User avatar
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
Contact:

Post by androl »

What's that? On the black flat building on the right of the picture, there are lying yellow rubbish bags.

I don't like that zooming bar. On the right it's zooming very slowly, on the left end it's over-sensitive.
Fireball wrote:next question: where is the sticker with the symbol that you can't smoke
oh now I know what you mean. I thought you say "the symbol that cannot be smoked" :?
I found it but now I don't find it again.

edit: black building!
Last edited by androl on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:57 am
Location: Tampere, Finland
Contact:

Post by Fundamental »

The best thing about this picture is that you can find Saab in it :wink:
User avatar
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
Contact:

Post by androl »

Samsung
Poortcenter
what does that mean: "TE HUUR ca. 3.300m² vonaf 500m²"
IKEA :lol:
Panjo
TAPIJT VINYL GORDIJNEN VITRAGES KARPETTEN LAMINAAT BEHANG LAMELLEN ZONWERING
PEETSCHAPPEN bo-rent MACHINE VERHUUR

hehe, something I was looking for: I found a half car! On the main road on the right of the big building, after the trees
even two half cars, a white car is flying in the air :lol:

new competition: I found something that looks like the blue gate from the 20€ note!
Where is it?
Hint: blue on white on green
bhoeyb @ work

Post by bhoeyb @ work »

As a good EBT'er, I've found an ATM on the pic :lol: .
User avatar
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Bray, Ireland

Post by Fjon »

What time was the photo taken at? There is a clock somewhere in the photo!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
bhoeyb @ work

Post by bhoeyb @ work »

The photo is taken at 15h05 ... -church tower-
Next: Who is selling "houten vloeren"?
bhoeyb @ work

Post by bhoeyb @ work »

bhoeyb @ work wrote:The photo is taken at 15h05 ... -church tower-
Next: Who is selling "houten vloeren"?
There is another church tower at 15h14 and one at 15h10 :lol: ...
User avatar
Juschi
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 2:14 pm
Location: Espoo Finland

Post by Juschi »

fjon wrote:What time was the photo taken at? There is a clock somewhere in the photo!
I'd say 3.05pm although the clock is bit blurry.

Edit: Damn it. How slow am I..
User avatar
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by giberski »

Can you find a yellow bike, and what is the street called where the bike is standing. I can hardly read it.

Giberski
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”