Geoguessr

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Post Reply
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Hannover, Germany

Geoguessr

Post by doiknow »

Found a nice variation of "Where is it?" on the web.
Your are being placed at some random google Street View location and have to guess the exact location. Once you submitted your guess you will be shown the real location. The closer you are the more points you receive. After 5 rounds you get an overview on how good (bad) you performed... since every game is different this is a nice way to kill some time, if bored...

Here's the link:
http://geoguessr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well and just in case you are in the mood of a challenge...beat 16.148 on this one:
http://geoguessr.com/?s=eyJ0b3RhbFBvaW5 ... NzVdXX0%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It should be possible since the maximum value is around 32k+ (5 x 6479 to be exact...)
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
portaonze
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Re: Geoguessr

Post by portaonze »

Quite cool.
Thanks!! :D
User avatar
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5315
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: Lies - Terschelling (NL)

Re: Geoguessr

Post by de*lerger »

"You won the challenge with 16712 points against 16148"
My map
User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Re: Geoguessr

Post by Elmo »

"You won the challenge with 26533 points against 16148"

But I must confess I used google, and I'm tended to think you didn't! :wink:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 20032
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:49 am
Location: Rotterdam (NL)
Contact:

Re: Geoguessr

Post by eddydevries »

"You got 17261 points in total."

I could find the right location twice, but pointed wrong twice too for a long distance (and was reasonable correct once).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Geoguessr

Post by Fons »

I play this game every now and then since a few weeks. I usually don't get further than 13000 points. But I don't use google to search. 8)
User avatar
Akai
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1032
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Jaén, Andalucía, España (Spain)

Re: Geoguessr

Post by Akai »

The game is difficult but it is also entertaining for me

My score is: 10173 points in total, I need to practice more
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”