Rare Euro banknote

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

User avatar
ans
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1294
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:19 pm
Location: oosterhout

Post by ans »

Yesterday I received a G/V note, it's quited used.
G005B4 V014*****
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Nice :) ! I hope you could keep it ..
mintoterino
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:03 pm

Post by mintoterino »

I read this thread some weeks ago. Tonight, I've been reading again all this interesting thread about V-G 10 euro-notes, but I have not found out exactly what makes such a bill so rare... The reason is that I got a V-G bill this morning, its printer code is lower than G005** and its code starts with V01. Honestly, I don't know is my bill is rare or not so I would like some of you, fellow EBTers, answer to me if this one is rare or not and why. The bill is circulated bur in good conditions. Thanks in advance.
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

ans wrote:Yesterday I received a G/V note, it's quited used.
G005B4 V014*****

Very very special!!
Did you keep that note??


EDIT: they seem to become more common in Spain....

http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/index.php ... =267;tab=1
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Indeed, fons is right :( .
mintoterino wrote:I its printer code is lower than G005** and its code starts with V01.
What's the exact printer code of your note??
mintoterino
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:03 pm

printer code

Post by mintoterino »

bhoeyb: G003D2
User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo »

On the 27th of October 2003 Elmo wrote:So I think there are more of those G-printed Spanish €10-bills, but
almost all of them are kept by the Spanish National Bank. :idea:
It looks like I was right after all! :twisted:

But now it appears my 2 G-printed V-bills aren't special! :cry:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
alex77r
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2282
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:24 pm
Location: London Heathrow (UK)
Contact:

Post by alex77r »

The V/G005 shortcode appeared several months ago in Belgium. It is possible that the very common plate in circulation in Spain since a few weeks are V/G003 bills.

In that case, the G005 plate would still be very rare.
User avatar
daniellez
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:51 pm
Location: Bolsward, Netherlands

Post by daniellez »

Today I received a Y-note which had an F shortcode. Probably not too special (there are nearly 7000 in the database), but it was the first time that I found a combination like this. Seemed strange to me, but anyway, it wasn't as strange as I thought it was.
Progress is a comfortable disease - E.E. Cummings
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

daniellez wrote:Today I received a Y-note which had an F shortcode. Probably not too special (there are nearly 7000 in the database), but it was the first time that I found a combination like this. Seemed strange to me, but anyway, it wasn't as strange as I thought it was.

Those are €10 notes, they were printed in the past but not anymore I think. I receive them almost never these days :)
User avatar
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:33 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Angelino »

alex77r wrote:In that case, the G005 plate would still be very rare.
No, both are turning common in Spain. I have two G003 in my hands. Several friends in Madrid have G005 bills.

Since two weeks ago G003 and G005 notes it's quite easy to see. It seems G005 in larger amount than G003 in cities like Madrid, but G003 in larger amount than G005 in Barcelona.

Curiosity:
G005 notes are V014-V016...
G003 notes are V016-V017...
Last edited by Angelino on Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
daniellez
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:51 pm
Location: Bolsward, Netherlands

Post by daniellez »

Fons wrote:Those are €10 notes, they were printed in the past but not anymore I think. I receive them almost never these days :)
Yes you're right, it was a 10€ note. Got it from an ATM, but its condition was still quite good!
Progress is a comfortable disease - E.E. Cummings
User avatar
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:33 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Angelino »

It seems that there are G002 10 € spanish notes too. 8O :roll: 8O :roll:

Two different users got a note with this shortcode, and one of these bills is coming to my hands. 8O

I think anybody more hasn't seen this kind of note.
User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo »

And I guess there are G004 ones as well...
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Re: Rare Euro banknote

Post by querty »

bhoeyb wrote:Today, I've entered the first 10E printed by The Netherlands (G-printer) for Spain (V); the first in +42.000 notes and number 6 in our EBT database.
I should had keep it. Looks like it's quite rare. Anyways, it was a used note.
So, those notes aren't typos. They are REAL! 8O :D
It seems to me that a lot of these notes are entered in the last few days So I hope they are more and more going to travel in the €-zone.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
Post Reply

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”