Postcrossing
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- kettenseger
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1122
- Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:49 pm
- Location: 41334 Nettetal, Germany
- Contact:
-
tintin6971
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1476
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:53 am
So you probably wrote "ÉU", isn't that an abbreviation for the US in French? Well, I sent an e-mail to the webmaster saying that I must have my street address displayed properly.tintin6971 wrote:Yes when you enter the USA you must fill a green card and it is told to replace the umlaut by the letter + e, then probably the program mustn't understand umlaut.
-
tintin6971
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1476
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:53 am
No, I mean for München you must write MuenchenViperazzi wrote:So you probably wrote "ÉU", isn't that an abbreviation for the US in French? Well, I sent an e-mail to the webmaster saying that I must have my street address displayed properly.tintin6971 wrote:Yes when you enter the USA you must fill a green card and it is told to replace the umlaut by the letter + e, then probably the program mustn't understand umlaut.And by the way, I've so far sent postcards to Germany, Spain, India, Vermont, New York, Louisiana, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Viperazzi wrote:I've now sent three postcards and I have five travelling.This is very addicting.
Hi! I'm Soili and I'm addicted to Postcrossing.
Viperazzi wrote:But it seems my address was incorrect, as the system couldn't interpret the letter ä. Luckily another user informed me about that. Any other umlaut-letter-users had the same problem?
There has been discussion on the Postcrossing forum about this umlaut-letter problem that some emails just don't show the letters correct. One solution could be that you don't put the dots over the letters, ä->a ö->o, and the other that you write them like tintin6971 suggested, ä->ae ö->oe.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
Postcrossing
Yes, I can see you've been very active! I wonder why I didn't register from the start, and only now became addicted...soilian wrote:Hi! I'm Soili and I'm addicted to Postcrossing.![]()
I have sent 90 official cards and received 85 so far plus lots of private swaps, tags and projects...
I've changed the ä to a in my address. I sent the webmaster an e-mail concerning if it would be possibly to manually manufacture a correct .png image of my address. Yes, I'm a perfectionist in this case, I like to see my two dots.soilian wrote:One solution could be that you don't put the dots over the letters, ä->a ö->o, and the other that you write them like tintin6971 suggested, ä->ae ö->oe.
Current situation, by the way: 5 postcards sent, 5 travelling, 0 received.
I would like, too, if I had ä or ö in my name or address.Viperazzi wrote:Yes, I'm a perfectionist in this case, I like to see my two dots.
Have you visited the Postcrossing forum? There's also a community to Finnish speaking people. We are planning a Postcrossing meeting and it will be held in Jyväskylä on the 20th of May.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
Postcrossing
Where are all the Italian postcrossers
Wake up and join in www.postcrossing.com! I haven't received any postcards from your country so far, but I would love to.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
Postcrossing
This is me again.
I'm just wondering if I'm the only postcrossing addict here.
Last week I had my first postcrossing anniversary. I've sent 151 and received 148 cards so far and this is still fun. 
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
Postcrossing
- miguel_scp
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:57 pm
- miguel_scp
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 114
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:57 pm
134 sent and 117 received!
So much fun!
So much fun!
"Luultavasti myrskyjä on vain siksi, että niiden jälkeen saataisiin auringonnousu", Muumipappa
"Storms probably exist only to be able to have sunrise after them", Moomin
Visit My Forest
"Storms probably exist only to be able to have sunrise after them", Moomin
Visit My Forest
