They seem to be very rare !!!
Trichet signature
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
- alex77r
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2282
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:24 pm
- Location: London Heathrow (UK)
- Contact:
Yes, I know somebody in France who has
L / H001** and H002 (both are Trichet) in his collection.
They seem to be very rare !!!
They seem to be very rare !!!
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
- Nomen Nescio
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 683
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:20 pm
- Nomen Nescio
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 683
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:20 pm
Well, to be nasty, the Brits will probably join Euroland as soon as their masters in Washington DC allow 'em to do soWestinghouse wrote:Printing of banknotes in a non Eurocountry is special, but does not feel right. Am i the only one?
( This is a born cynic's view of the subject
-
Quizmaster
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 682
- Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:14 am
- Location: Amsterdam
I don't think the US are really the "masters" of the Brits, but the Brits don't want the Euro themselves. The majority already feels too influenced by European Legislation. Fot the British people, the wish to control what's going on in the own country by themselves just counts much heavier than the pros of a Unified Europe, like improved trade and being part of a bigger community. That, together with the fact that the Britisch Pound is still strong and respected, sees to it that the British are very Europe-sceptic and Euro-sceptic.
I think GB wouldn't even be part of the EU if the majority of British people would be able to decide directly...
I think GB wouldn't even be part of the EU if the majority of British people would be able to decide directly...
I don't mind. Does someone know if De La Rue in the UK ever printed bills for any euro zone countries before the euro existed? I would be interested in knowing if that maybe has something to do with "printer H" getting involved in printing euro notes?Westinghouse wrote:Printing of banknotes in a non Eurocountry is special, but does not feel right. Am i the only one?
Anyway...getting back to new Trichets...
Got my first one yesterday in change and another today out of ATM. Both U**56.
- androl
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4318
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
- Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
- Contact:
I think Portugalhadibe wrote:The assigned letters originate from the country they should print for, in national language and in reverse order.
I know France planned to print notes for Finnland.
Country-NCB-Printer
UK-J-A
SE-K-C
FI-L-D (E?)
PT-M-E,U
AT-N-F
NL-P-G,H
LU-R- (H?)
IT-S-J
IE-T-K
FR-U-L
ES-V-M
GR-Y-N
DE-X-P,R
DK-W-S
BE-Z-T
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Maybe.
But if you look at the tables, the E-L-combination makes more sense.
(in spite of surely some typos with E/ D)
But if you look at the tables, the E-L-combination makes more sense.
(in spite of surely some typos with E/ D)
- giulcenc
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 8596
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 pm
- Location: Riccò del Golfo + Lerici (SP - Italy)
- Contact:
Serial number: the letter is in reverse alphabetical order by country's name in local language, from Z for Belgie/Belgique to J for United Kingdom (except for Hellas because the letters U and V don't exist in greek alphabet, so to Greece was assigned the first common letter in both alphabets, latin and greek).
[Note that in this way the letters W for Denmark and X for Deutschland aren't in corrct order, but I don't Know why]
Printer code: the letter is in reverse alphabetical order by country's name in local language, from A for United Kingdom to T for Belge/Belgique, with these exceptions: E for French Oberthur (I don't know why); H for UK's De La Rue (I dont't know why, but I think in a first time this letter was reserved for Luxembourg's notes and when Luxembourg decided don't print its notes, the H backs free); N for Greek printer (because the letters L and M don't exist in greek alphabet); U for Portuguese printer (maybe add in a second time?).
So the correct table can be:
[Note that in this way the letters W for Denmark and X for Deutschland aren't in corrct order, but I don't Know why]
Printer code: the letter is in reverse alphabetical order by country's name in local language, from A for United Kingdom to T for Belge/Belgique, with these exceptions: E for French Oberthur (I don't know why); H for UK's De La Rue (I dont't know why, but I think in a first time this letter was reserved for Luxembourg's notes and when Luxembourg decided don't print its notes, the H backs free); N for Greek printer (because the letters L and M don't exist in greek alphabet); U for Portuguese printer (maybe add in a second time?).
So the correct table can be:
Code: Select all
Country |Letter|Printer(s)
---------------+------+----------
Belgie/Belgique| Z | T
Denmark | W | S
Deutschland | X | R+P
Espana | V | M
France | U | E+L
Hellas | Y | N
Ireland/Eire | T | K
Italia | S | J
Louxemburg | R | -
Nederlands | P | G
Osterreich | N | F
Portugal | M | U
Suomi Finland | L | D
Sweden | K | C
United Kingdom | J | A+H