Rare Euro banknote

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

Post Reply
User avatar
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
Contact:

Post by androl »

ye olde wrote:Up to today we have just seen two banknotes with these numbers, one is T203527***** F4 (found in Austria in 2004) and the other T203616***** H1 (found in Germany in 2006), both of which do not fit into any numbering scheme we can think of.
as I said, the system I thought of is off by only one at one of the two notes, and now with aplfi's note, it is off by one again. That means, the offset could be slightly different, and in fact, if I take T203458 as start instead of T203456, it works perfectly:
3458-3460: A6
3461-3463: B6
...
then, T203620 is the next unused note
ye olde wrote:Has the Central Bank of Ireland used this area of numbers for the printing of replacement notes ??
even replacement notes need a printing scheme, as they are not printed one by one, but also on sheets. I rather think there has been a problem in the process, so they wanted to make the next block of notes a small one. So they first tested with a short interval before they knew they could go on with mass production.
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
User avatar
ye olde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
Location: ye olde Germany

Post by ye olde »

Thanks alpfi and androl,

androl, your proposal, to start with T203458 and end with T203619 looks very good, and I will work with this assumption.

Now alpfi's number makes sense as well as the T203616***** K001H1.

Why should Ireland not leave out numbers. Greece does it in their 10 Euro N range as well.
User avatar
vermeer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 13190
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:36 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Post by vermeer »

How special is a:

L022 :note-5: can not find serialnumber in my (paper) notebook yet.
P012H3 :note-10: X3546

Also got 1 M006 :note-5:.

Is F003A1/B1 :note-100: N1106/N1206 special?
User avatar
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:33 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Angelino »

The :note-5: M006 isn't special if you're living in Spain :D I got 3, but they're very recent.

I think :note-5: L022 is the same case (recent). I got only one.

The :note-100: F003 is very recent too. It seems a bit special (None for me).

I kept one :note-10: Y/N005 last week. It was the first I saw in 23400 notes. THIS is a special Duisenberg bill. :wink:
User avatar
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
Contact:

Post by androl »

Angelino wrote:I kept one :note-10: Y/N005 last week. It was the first I saw in 23400 notes. THIS is a special Duisenberg bill. :wink:
these are very special notes, they are even printed on differently sized sheets

I think I may post the picture Angelino made from the code:
Image

all other 10€ N notes can only have A1-G5, this is G6
I think these notes can only exist from Y08005 to Y08039
does anyone else have a note in this range or with N005?
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 6198
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:12 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Post by ErGo »

Angelino wrote:The :note-100: F003 is very recent too. It seems a bit special (None for me).
They are brandnew. Got the first one in October here in Vienna, now I have 6 of them. All with N**061 or N**062
androl wrote:
Angelino wrote:I kept one :note-10: Y/N005 last week. It was the first I saw in 23400 notes. THIS is a special Duisenberg bill. :wink:
these are very special notes, they are even printed on differently sized sheets

all other 10€ N notes can only have A1-G5, this is G6
I think these notes can only exist from Y08005 to Y08039
does anyone else have a note in this range or with N005?
I have only one and the note was entered end of July. The data is N005I1 with Y08013. Is I1 possible or a typo?
User avatar
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:33 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Angelino »

ErGo wrote:I have only one and the note was entered end of July. The data is N005I1 with Y08013. Is I1 possible or a typo?
This plate (N005) is crazy 8O :roll: :roll: :lol:
User avatar
ye olde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
Location: ye olde Germany

Post by ye olde »

@Angelino

the numbering does look a bit crazy, correct, but you could help shedding some light onto the whole thing by letting us know the controlnumber of your N005G6 note. The first five digits suffice.

Just in case your number is Y08060 - one could guess a system.

(By the way, the Greek numbering system from time to time looks crazy. Just check on the first 10 Euro numbers N001 starting Y00000 and ending Y00034 :?: or 20 Euro from Y00000 up to including Y00594 and again from Y01925 onwards :!: :?: )


ICU

ye olde
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14789
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

I have 1 €10 N005B5 note, it's Y0803
I also have only 1 N006F4 note, it's Y0806
User avatar
ye olde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
Location: ye olde Germany

Post by ye olde »

Fons wrote:I have 1 €10 N005B5 note, it's Y0803
I also have only 1 N006F4 note, it's Y0806
Hi Fons, is it possible, to let us know the fifth digit as well. Four digits only are not enough to correlate numbers and positions.

N006F4 could be Y08062 - but only, if the system is working. In case your N005B5 is Y08038, Angelino's N005G6 would be a real stunner.
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14789
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Post by Fons »

ye olde wrote:
Fons wrote:I have 1 €10 N005B5 note, it's Y0803
I also have only 1 N006F4 note, it's Y0806
Hi Fons, is it possible, to let us know the fifth digit as well. Four digits only are not enough to correlate numbers and positions.

N006F4 could be Y08062 - but only, if the system is working. In case your N005B5 is Y08038, Angelino's N005G6 would be a real stunner.
Sure,

Y08034

Y08062



Fons.
User avatar
Angelino
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4453
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:33 am
Location: Barcelona

Post by Angelino »

Image
User avatar
ye olde
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 309
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
Location: ye olde Germany

Post by ye olde »

Now we really have a mystery at hand.

The Greek numbering system for the 10 Euro note usually works like this, the first number of the sheet starts at position G1 and ends at A6. Up to Y08004 and from Y08040 this works well - but not with the given/known N005 numbers:
charge 227

Code: Select all

N004	1	2	3	4	5
A	07976	07983	07990	07997	08004
B	07975	07982	07989	07996	08003
C	07974	07981	07988	07995	08002
D	07973	07980	07987	07994	08001
E	07972	07979	07986	07993	08000
F	07971	07978	07985	07992	07999
G	07970	07977	07984	07991	07998
charge 229

Code: Select all

N004/6	1	2	3	4	5
A	08046	08053	08060	08067	08074
B	08045	08052	08059	08066	08073
C	08044	08051	08058	08065	08072
D	08043	08050	08057	08064	08071
E	08042	08049	08056	08063	08070
F	08041	08048	08055	08062	08069
G	08040	08047	08054	08061	08068
which means, for charge 228 we only have 35 numbers left, i.e. Y08005 up to Y08039, as androl mentioned earlier already.

In case we use the existing system, the sheet numbers look:

Code: Select all

N005	1	2	3	4	5
A	08011	08018	08025	08032	08039
B	08010	08017	08024	08031	08038
C	08009	08016	08023	08030	08037
D	08008	08015	08022	08029	08036
E	08007	08014	08021	08028	08035
F	08006	08013	08020	08027	08034
G	08005	08012	08019	08026	08033
, but we know already, N005 G6 exists - we have the scan, the list should look:

Code: Select all

N005	1	2	3	4	5	6
A	08011	08018	08025	08032	08039	08046
B	08010	08017	08024	08031	08038	08045
C	08009	08016	08023	08030	08037	08044
D	08008	08015	08022	08029	08036	08043
E	08007	08014	08021	08028	08035	08042
F	08006	08013	08020	08027	08034	08041
G	08005	08012	08019	08026	08033	08040
but this is not possible, as the numbers in column 6 are used already in charge 229 !

We have been told, N006B5 has the number Y08034, which should be F5. Y08036 is G6, but should be D5, and if I take I1 with Y08013, I am completely lost

Is this a mystery ?? I have no idea, how to work out the system, the Greeks are using for this region of numbers, but I believe someone will shed some light onto it, or will he ?

ICU

ye olde
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 6198
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:12 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

Post by ErGo »

Thank you for the detailed information! It was very interesting to read about.
ye olde wrote:and if I take I1 with Y08013, I am completely lost
Until there is no scan of the note or another user can confirm this I think i made a typo. Don't be confused about this note!
Guest

Post by Guest »

ye olde wrote:Now we really have a mystery at hand.

The Greek numbering system for the 10 Euro note usually works like this, the first number of the sheet starts at position G1 and ends at A6.
Sorry, should read 'ends at A5'.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
Post Reply

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”