Hi there!
There´s a contest going on in http://www.new7wonders.com/ with the goal of find out the new seven wonders of the world...!
Was cool to know how EBTrabkers vote
There´re the 21 finalists:
eiffel tower.. Cool, but in the end nothing but a pile of steel. There are many things that equal that in wonderfulness. It's great but nothing completely unique in its speciality.
alhambra.. According to the image it's "quite normal", but unfortunately I don't know much anything at all about this. But doesn't look very wonderous.
Kiyomizu Temple.. Same as with alhambra.
St. Basil catherdral.. It's just a church, for frog's sake! I'm not sure of Hagia Sophia, either. But in the picture it does look quite cool, indeed.
Taj Mahal.. Naa.. Somehow it feels too "normal" after all.
androl wrote:Easter Island, Chichen Itzu, Machu Picchu, Stonehenge...
shouldn't it be "the new seven wonders"?
Well.. I think they mean "refreshed seven wonders". Some of the good old wonders have crumbled with time and some that existed already when the original listing was made were not discovered by the people writing the listing back then. Therefore, I see no reason why the age would be an important point. However, it is important choosing objects that are wondrous as for theirselves, not because of some extra knowledge our culture attaches to it.
A wonder should be wondroud also to someone who's lived all his life in a barrel.
Dakkus wrote:alhambra.. According to the image it's "quite normal", but unfortunately I don't know much anything at all about this. But doesn't look very wonderous.
You must visit this monumet. The picture probably isn´t the better, but it deserves to be one of the choosen!
I think that Sidney Opera House and Statue of Liberty could be substitute by others, like Vatican City or something else...
There seem to be too many thrown in here just for the sake of it - who cares if they have to include every continent? You can't compare something like the Statue of Libery or Sydney Opera House to the Great Wall or the Taj Mahal.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.