Travelling from Spain to Germany... by train?
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- Jes
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4933
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
- Location: Away from home (once again)
- Contact:
Travelling from Spain to Germany... by train?
Hello!
one of my best friends lives now in Germany, and he invited me to his house. He lives in a city called "Erlangen" (near Nuremberg or "Nürmberg")
But I don't know how to go there... planes are quite expensive, buses are quite boring and it is a long trip (I live in Cantabria, near Bilbao in the north of Spain)
So I was wondering... does anyone in this forum know how to go there from Spain? Maybe by train? Does anyone know how does the "Interrail" work?
May be Spanier20 knows...?
one of my best friends lives now in Germany, and he invited me to his house. He lives in a city called "Erlangen" (near Nuremberg or "Nürmberg")
But I don't know how to go there... planes are quite expensive, buses are quite boring and it is a long trip (I live in Cantabria, near Bilbao in the north of Spain)
So I was wondering... does anyone in this forum know how to go there from Spain? Maybe by train? Does anyone know how does the "Interrail" work?
May be Spanier20 knows...?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
- Dakkus
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4734
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
- Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
- Contact:
The official website of Interrail is here: http://www.interrailnet.com/
You can use this site to find the train timetables. Just put your home city in the other field and Erlangen in the other one.
If that link doesn't work, go to http://bahn.de and press this link:
You can use this site to find the train timetables. Just put your home city in the other field and Erlangen in the other one.
If that link doesn't work, go to http://bahn.de and press this link:

Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
- Dakkus
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4734
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
- Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
- Contact:
Just in case.. Here are links to all official websites of railway companies: http://www.railfaneurope.net/links.html
Railfaneurope also includes fotos of every locomotive type in use in Europe.
For railway maps of Europe, see http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/maps.php .
And, FYI, if you choose the advanced search in the Die Bahn search engine I linked to before, you can also see the suggested train routes drawn on a map. It might not be very important to you, but living here in the east I really need it to quickly figure out if I need a visa for the route or not. And when that site asks for your age, just say you're one-year-old. It doesn't really matter.
Railfaneurope also includes fotos of every locomotive type in use in Europe.
For railway maps of Europe, see http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/maps.php .
And, FYI, if you choose the advanced search in the Die Bahn search engine I linked to before, you can also see the suggested train routes drawn on a map. It might not be very important to you, but living here in the east I really need it to quickly figure out if I need a visa for the route or not. And when that site asks for your age, just say you're one-year-old. It doesn't really matter.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
i can say to you it's quite easy to pass throw France with train
From Spain==>Irun
Irun==>Paris via Bordeaux (TGV)
Paris==>Germany (TGV Est or Thalys)

From Spain==>Irun
Irun==>Paris via Bordeaux (TGV)
Paris==>Germany (TGV Est or Thalys)
Mes stats
Monde: 28
France
: 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays
Monde: 28
France
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays
-
Herr Kloßen
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 33
- Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:55 pm
- Contact:
-
ajax_rotterdam
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 960
- Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:49 pm
Re: Travelling from Spain to Germany... by train?
According to kayak.com, the cheapest flight between Bilbao and Nurnberg is 202 euro(in august), with Lufthansa.Jes wrote:planes are quite expensive
If i know the dates, i could be more exact.
I collect Airplane Safetycards, could you help me collecting them?
If you got some, PM me!
If you got some, PM me!
