Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

If you look closely to the stats you will notice that some countries have more EBT-ers as others. Why is this? The answer is very simple. Go and have a look at the press section of EBT. Mediacoverage is very important to get bigger and more succesfull. So I was thinking, what can we do? Well, the answer is simple again: get some mediacoverage. I think the timing is perfect. Media don't have much news in the summer. So why shouldn't we help them out with telling them our story? I'll bet the chances are very high that they will print it, because of lack of newsitems. And the positive about it is, that people have vacation so more time to read their paper!!!!

So let's all work together and get some newscoverage. Here's what to do.

1. Go to this site ( http://www.onlinenewspapers.com/ ) and pick your country. Try to find an emailadres of the headeditor or editorial-team.
2. Send an email with subject: Press Information Kit Eurobilltracker. This will get their attention and don't trow your mail in the thrashcan right away.
3. Tell them how wonderfull EBT is and how succesfull we really are. (Example for email below)
4. After you have send an email/emails, post here which media you have contacted so that we don't spam over and over the same newspapers + you can claim the article if it's in the newspaper!

What is in it for you? Eternal thanks from EBT-er who get hits and since you are picking newspapers/media from your country, your chances for a hit will increase dramatically.

I bet if everyone who reads this sends only one email, it will get us a bunch of articles

----------------------------------------------------------------
Example of email based on the newsletter #3- article, I've written.
!!!!!!!DO NOT USE FOR SPAMMING PURPOSES !!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Press Information Kit about Eurobilltracker.com
http://www.eurobilltracker.com

What have a Belgian shopkeeper, a German Internetpubkeeper, an American Soldier in Italy, a Coins & Banknotes dealer from Greece, a kid from France and over 5400 other people in common? Yes, indead, they track Eurobills and they do fine. The milestone of 200.000 notes is passed, the ticker is even above 240.000 now, making it more than 5,6 million Euro's in value. It's going fast and it is even going faster every day! Six months after the launch, you can say this tracking site is a big hit. Not only the trackingsite is very popular, also the forum where Eurominded people share their views about the Euro and Europe. The forum is an excellent place, where you can find valuable collectorsinformation about almost any aspect of Euronotes or Eurocoins.

Did you know that non-Euro countries are eurobilltracking as well? People all over the world start discovering Eurobilltracker.com. The United Kingdom, Switzerland, the United States and even Canada are participating in this project. Over 5400 people worldwide, who want to know where their Euronotes come from and are going to. Maybe it went to Barcelona on vacation, has served to buy someone some food in Finland or has been placed on a savings account in Switserland. Who knows? Well, go on, check your wallet, type in those serialnumbers and discover where your bills have been and receive an email when it has travelled further down the road!

http://www.eurobilltracker.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mr Euro

More articles -> More visitors -> More Bills -> More hits -> More More More :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by Mr Euro on Fri Jul 26, 2002 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

Thtas a good idea, but needs to be coordinated a little. Doesn't make sence if 20 people send the same mail to the same newspaper
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Since it was my idea, I have gone first and contacted "Clickonline BBCWorld"

Good luck everybody!
ug7t
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 7:27 pm
Location: North of Hamburg, Germany

Post by ug7t »

Good idea. The number of users is definately not increasing quick enough. But I think we need an "official" press release with a contact adress etc. Maybe there's someone with some experience in the field of journalism ?

I would offer my help translating that stuff to german (from english). It would be also great, if the press release would have a decent layout with screenshots an so on. I have access to such software, but I'm not really familiar with that.
Finally, that document could be faxed quite easy from a PC (I could help there as well). I think countless fax numbers of newspapers or magazins can be found on the web.
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Mr Euro wrote:Since it was my idea, I have gone first and contacted "Clickonline BBCWorld"

Good luck everybody!
It's a nice idea. Have you already send it to Belgian newspapers?
User avatar
Edwin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:08 pm
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands

Re: Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Post by Edwin »

Mr Euro wrote:Hey,



So let's all work together and get some newscoverage.

I've sent it to
  • AD - Netherlands,
    Gelderlander - Arnhem
    Telegraaf - Amsterdam
    Rotterdams Dagblad - Rotterdam
[edit]Toegevoegd Gelderlander, Rotterdams Dagblad en Telegraaf
One step done, many more to go

My stats
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Re bhoeyb
It's a nice idea. Have you already send it to Belgian newspapers?

Nope, I didn't! Look at the press-section many of the newspapers did already published an article on EBT. Maybe an email about a follow-up will do the trick.

Ciao,
Mr Euro
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Post by Tiger »

Mr Euro wrote:Maybe it went to Barcelona on vacation, has served to buy someone some food in Finland or has been placed on a savings account in Zwitserland.
Well, 'Zwitserland' isn't English :D It's Dutch !
Switzerland would be better I think :D

Anyway, I think there will be other people sending mails to Belgian newspapers, so I don't think it would help if I mailes them too.
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

ug7t wrote:But I think we need an "official" press release with a contact adress etc. Maybe there's someone with some experience in the field of journalism ?
Here's one I had did for 50k bills
http://www.eurobilltracker.eu/press/pre ... se-50k.txt
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Re: Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Post by Mr Euro »

Tiger wrote: Well, 'Zwitserland' isn't English :D It's Dutch !
Switzerland would be better I think :D.
Thanks, I've editing the Switzerland fault.
Tiger wrote: Anyway, I think there will be other people sending mails to Belgian newspapers, so I don't think it would help if I mailes them too.


Maybe you can send one to Italy or Spain????
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Help EBT become bigger and get more hits yourself!!!

Post by Sneakster »

Edwin wrote:
Mr Euro wrote:Hey,



So let's all work together and get some newscoverage.

I've sent it to
  • AD - Netherlands,
    Gelderlander - Arnhem
    Telegraaf - Amsterdam
    Rotterdams Dagblad - Rotterdam
[edit]Toegevoegd Gelderlander, Rotterdams Dagblad en Telegraaf
Since you've contacted all of these papers, I've brought the site to attention of a regional paper, BN/ De Stem which is distributed in the South-West of The Netherlands.
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Hey,

I submitted another press information kit to Internet News (Italy)

Mr Euro

More Articles -> More Visitors -> More Notes -> More Hits :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Mr Euro wrote:Hey,

I submitted another press information kit to Internet News (Italy)

Mr Euro

More Articles -> More Visitors -> More Notes -> More Hits :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:D
have you sent something to the french press?
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

No, my French isn't that well. And I don't think the French people really like to get English emails 8)

Why don't you try and send a few. If one paper of a country prints it, many will follow. We have seen this in Belgium.

Mr Euro
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

So you all want hits, but no one seems willing to do something for it. Strange people!

Come on! Email some newspapers!!!

<EDITED> I have just send one to Athene News in Greece! </EDITED>

Mr Euro

More Articles -> More Visitors -> More Notes -> More Hits -> More More More :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”