Do you use tricks to get more banknotes?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Do you use 'tricks' to get more banknotes?

Yes
32
67%
No
16
33%
 
Total votes: 48

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2244
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 am
Location: Helden, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by MDeen »

I just found another potential interesting timepassing...

The main office of my bank has a money deposit machine where you can deposit coins and notes without assitance from a bankemployee. So you can get rid of your money and get new from the cashmachine.
What's more, the cashmachine is just 5 steps away! Whee!

I was tempted to just get money from the cash machine (in the smallest denomitation it would give), write down the numbers and then deposit them in the machine again. I could go on until the cash machine is empty! (or until some employee comes up to me and asks in a less then friendly manner what the f$ck I am doing there...)

As we say here: kicks voor niks (kicks for free)

:D :D :D

Maarten
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

MDeen wrote:I just found another potential interesting timepassing...

The main office of my bank has a money deposit machine where you can deposit coins and notes without assitance from a bankemployee. So you can get rid of your money and get new from the cashmachine.
What's more, the cashmachine is just 5 steps away! Whee!

I was tempted to just get money from the cash machine (in the smallest denomitation it would give), write down the numbers and then deposit them in the machine again. I could go on until the cash machine is empty!


Maarten
in our ATMs you can also deposit notes, not coins, so sometimes I get lot more money they I need, and then I just deposit it again :lol: but I don't do this much, only when I don't have anything else to do :lol:

I also stoped using my ATM card, and stoped paying electricity, phone or water bills in ATMs, now I pay them in the post office with real money :lol: although it takes a lot more time.. I wonder when am I going to get bored of this site/game :roll:
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

does someone read these subject fields?

Post by avij »

Besides this trick, I've stopped paying with plastic in shops, and I try to pay with bigger notes to get some smaller notes in return, bla bla bla, the usual things. I try to use the bigger notes in large grocery stores, they don't usually have a problem giving back change from bigger notes. Buying a BigMac and paying it with a 200 EUR note would be considered a bit impolite, so to say..

Alright, on to the trick. If you're like me and work in some relatively large shop, you'll see tons of money every day but you don't really have the time to enter them all into EBT while at work. The solution to this problem is actually quite simple, I'd guess some of you are already using this, but it may not be that obvious to everyone.
  1. get some cash from your bank account
  2. enter the cash you have to EBT
  3. go to the shop and replace the cash found there with your own notes, preferably with the same amount so the shop owner won't get mad :wink:
  4. take the money home and enter the money you have to EBT
  5. wait a few days so you don't end up getting back your own money when doing the next swap
  6. go back to step 3
I'm currently doing this with 2000 EUR (although not nearly every day). If at all possible, enter the bigger notes to EBT at work, so you don't end up going home with 10 x 200EUR notes, but with a nice mixture of notes, say, 60*5 + 100*10 + 35*20. I use the same total amount every day, so I can verify at home that I have taken the right sum of money.

This method does not really apply to actual shop owners, who can take home all the cash they have at the shop.. But I'd guess this method would be suitable for quite many of us, the obvious downside is that you'll need to have "some" cash in hand. It is also recommended to explain the situation to your boss, someone might get suspicious if you are seen stuffing lots of money into your own pocket :) There may be some variations to this "money laundry" method, but the basic idea is swapping some money with some other money and then entering the fresh bills at home at your own pace.
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

:D yesterday I had also the strangest dream, and I think it was the first time I dreamed about the euro :!: in the middle of the dream I opened my wallet and there were 2 euros notes :!: :!: :!: and they were from different colors, because they were from different countries :lol: it was strange, I was surprised even in my dream, but in the dream I just said: Cool, I like this notes.. and carryed on with the story of the dream.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

WAAUUW 8O 8O This is so weird :!: Now I have an influence on peoples dreams all over Europe 8O 8O starting the topic about dreams and Euro's ... :twisted: :wink:
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

in belgium there are ATm who propose bills of 5 euro... and i like it :)

i go to take 50 euro in 5 bill when i have time to encode
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Re: does someone read these subject fields?

Post by Finn »

avij wrote:There may be some variations to this "money laundry" method, but the basic idea is swapping some money with some other money and then entering the fresh bills at home at your own pace.
Hmm... I work next to a bank. Maybe I should go and ask one of the girls out for lunch and persuade her do some swapping every day :mrgreen:
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

TC wrote:in belgium there are ATm who propose bills of 5 euro... and i like it :)

i go to take 50 euro in 5 bill when i have time to encode
Which bank?? My bank is only giving 20 en 50 euro notes :(
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

it's BBL bank... and last night , i toke 80 bills of 5 just to go up pinguino :lol:
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

TC wrote:it's BBL bank... and last night , i toke 80 bills of 5 just to go up pinguino :lol:
Tanguy, are you on vacations?? You are falling down in the ranking... :?:
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

no i'm not :cry:


but i don't have time to collect bills...

I have just time to work and collect the bills that patients give to me.

No time for change bills in the friends'shop or at the ATM...

i do remplacment for 5 other doctors in vacations...

i have just time to put my own bills in database ...

Wait september... i'll come back :D
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

My "trick" is very simple: I enter notes of the other members of my family (mostly my parents' notes) It's just that tey don't know I do that. Propably they wouldn't care if they knew, but I like the excitement in doing that in secret.

That doesn't really produce some many new bills onto my account, because I can't enter all their bills they have, but it triples the number of the bills I've added, because I don't use as much money as most people here seem to use. But it's not my fault. I'm 15 so I don't have as much money as the adults around here.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”