And Greek ones are also my favorite
Where is your favorite restaurant?
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- turtle
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1504
- Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 9:00 pm
- Location: Everywhere, Netherlands
- Contact:
I don't know it.. I googled it and it seems to be on de Grote Markt, so it must be very notable, then why don't i know it
And yep i like Greek, Italian restaurants as well, but also Mexican and Spanish
Nas Brasas in Haarlem is very great, you can have there many spanish little dishes like tortilla's (made of egg) sausages, olives, beans, chorizo, gazpacho, all of that, great!
And Popacatapetl is a Mexican restaurant, I really like that too
And somewhere in Amsterdam is a pizza restaurant with very good pizza's for only 5 euro each! I only forgot the name of that restaurant
- an-148
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4596
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:04 pm
- Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE
- Contact:
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
in Liège:
- Les Caves du Portugal (http://www.ptnet.be/ptnet/pubs/cavespt/cavespt_fr.html)
good choice when you visit the mythical sunday market "La Batte"
I like: bacalhau com natas (codfish with cream, baked), porc à l'alentejo (pork with clam shells), good vinho verde.
- Le Duc d'Anjou (http://www.ducdanjou.be/presentation/)
good choice close to the railway station
I like: moules à l'escargot (steamed mussels with garlic butter sauce)
- Café Lequet: (http://www.gagner-reussir.be/article/in ... ml?id=1266)
good choice when you visit the mythical sunday market "La Batte"; typical old fashionned basic restaurant: a must!
I like: boulets-frites-salade (meatballs with Liege sirup sauce, chips, salad)
-La Capitainerie: (http://www.lacapitaineriedeliege.be/photos/index.html)
magnificent view over the river Meuse and the yacht harbour; between 15:00 and 17:00 possibility to have only a drink on the terrace
I like: the daily suggestion
- Les Caves du Portugal (http://www.ptnet.be/ptnet/pubs/cavespt/cavespt_fr.html)
good choice when you visit the mythical sunday market "La Batte"
I like: bacalhau com natas (codfish with cream, baked), porc à l'alentejo (pork with clam shells), good vinho verde.
- Le Duc d'Anjou (http://www.ducdanjou.be/presentation/)
good choice close to the railway station
I like: moules à l'escargot (steamed mussels with garlic butter sauce)
- Café Lequet: (http://www.gagner-reussir.be/article/in ... ml?id=1266)
good choice when you visit the mythical sunday market "La Batte"; typical old fashionned basic restaurant: a must!
I like: boulets-frites-salade (meatballs with Liege sirup sauce, chips, salad)
-La Capitainerie: (http://www.lacapitaineriedeliege.be/photos/index.html)
magnificent view over the river Meuse and the yacht harbour; between 15:00 and 17:00 possibility to have only a drink on the terrace
I like: the daily suggestion
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- Jes
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4933
- Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
- Location: Away from home (once again)
- Contact:
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
My favourite restaurant is in Ultimo (Sydney.) It is... my flat!!
Seriously, the food is rather expensive here, so I usually cook my own food and I always prepare the meals that I want, no others than the ones I love

Seriously, the food is rather expensive here, so I usually cook my own food and I always prepare the meals that I want, no others than the ones I love
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector.
- SubtleKnife
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:34 pm
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
Amsterdam.
For honest Italian: Saturnino's on the Reguliersdwarsstraat.
For Michelin star Japanese the Yamazato restaurant at the Okura hotel.
I have always had good food and good service at these two.
For honest Italian: Saturnino's on the Reguliersdwarsstraat.
For Michelin star Japanese the Yamazato restaurant at the Okura hotel.
I have always had good food and good service at these two.
- an-148
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4596
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:04 pm
- Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE
- Contact:
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
-in Austria (salzburgerland) : hotel Bräu, Lofer
-in Macedonia: Italian Restaurant da Gino, new gallery, Skopje
Antika in Ohrid (ask for pastrumka, simply cooked on the grill: local fish, absolutely topclass)
-in Bosnia-Hercegovina: in Banja Luka: restaurant Romanov (ask for rumpsteak with two colours pepper sauce)
in Trebinje: hôtel Platani
- in Croatia: restaurant Leut, Cavtat (ask for sanpier na dalmatinski nacin)
- in Serbia: - restaurant Langust (speciality of seafood) in Belgrade (town center)
- restaurant Zareva Cuprija (ask for Cufte with tomatosauce) in Belgrade (close to Topcider park)

-in Macedonia: Italian Restaurant da Gino, new gallery, Skopje
Antika in Ohrid (ask for pastrumka, simply cooked on the grill: local fish, absolutely topclass)
-in Bosnia-Hercegovina: in Banja Luka: restaurant Romanov (ask for rumpsteak with two colours pepper sauce)
in Trebinje: hôtel Platani
- in Croatia: restaurant Leut, Cavtat (ask for sanpier na dalmatinski nacin)
- in Serbia: - restaurant Langust (speciality of seafood) in Belgrade (town center)
- restaurant Zareva Cuprija (ask for Cufte with tomatosauce) in Belgrade (close to Topcider park)
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- an-148
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4596
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:04 pm
- Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE
- Contact:
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
Montenegro: Budva: stari grad restaurant
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- gille
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 6784
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am
- Location: Wiekevorst, Belgium
- Contact:
Re: Where is your favorite restaurant?
Anders Eten,
Morkhoven
Brand new website: #IceBucketChallenge Videos
