Ranking : the concept of trees

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

Olivier wrote: I would like to read more details about the bills, in the comments. It is a bit frustrating, when you have a hit, not to know more than its location. Did the last player get the bill in a shop? Is it fold? Dirty?
I do too... actually I built some waco personal project around this. After all your money flow is a perfect blueprint of who you are. So I enter exactly where, why and how I got it.

But this info is not public, only when you have a hit.
So behind every hit I will have, there will be a story.

And in the end, if you have many hits, bit by bit your life comes visible to others, but it is your past and not your present ...

Of course I don't really know if I will keep on doing this ... it's just another idea.
Time is on our side ...
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

Last edited by smh on Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

smh wrote: You are right about moderators on this forum. There is hardly done any moderating at all. that can make the forum look messy at times. I think it's time for a few more moderators
I agree. I do my best. Craco and Philippe also.
We also don't want any censorship. People are responsible. But the forum is bigger and bigger (like the site).

I'll talk about it to Philippe...

Olivier
User avatar
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Fraud status ...

Post by HNL »

EuroBillTracker wrote:Anyway, I email Vangelis and he gave me a convincing story about his series which I will not divulge for obvious reaons. So let's not all get carried away, ok ?
If all the notes are real: no problem 8) (it seems they are). So, we can track more euro's :twisted: . In that case, Vangelis could be the new number 1 at the end of 2002 :o
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

smh wrote: If you compare the site of early januari with todays site then you would see a lot of differences. Most of which were implemented after a discussion on this forum.
Since you all saw this site developing, you have the sentiment "ouf, we've come a long way", while newcomers may have the sentiment "there's still a long way to go".

If you peep into wheresgeorge you'll see there's still lots of stuff that can be added.

If you say, there already were numerous discussions on ranking, that would explain why you're all on the same wavelength. Because something just didn't add up.
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

smh wrote:(and post a lot of messages)
btw, is that irritating to anyone ? I don't mind cutting back ... It's just that I have more time available now, and this will automatically reduce ....
Time is on our side ...
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

Last edited by smh on Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Just some short remarks.
Skylimit wrote: I mean, the more statistics the better (to quote Flip the Coin)
I like the sound of that. Think I’ll start a new topic about that. :)
Skylimit wrote: So a bit of movement, while waiting for a hit, I thought, could help.
You might be right about that. Gave me an idea. I will start a new topic about that too. :)
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

emmem wrote: On the other hand your tree concept has awoken some curiosity in me. I am wondering now about tree statistics. How many users have referred users with not further referring. How many 2 steps, 3 steps… referrals. What is the average time between registering to the site and having a referred user.
To my surprise, I have found out yesterday evening, that it actually works better than I ever hoped. I'm using the level 1 referral users from the "stats" page, because I cannot drill deeper. But check this out ! I have been a member for 15 days, I referred 8 users directly to this site (+ 3 who are not on the list ... OK too bad, forget about them)
From these 8 users, 2 have never registered a note.
But the other 6 have input twice as much notes as I have, and I only started referring users in after a couple of days ... (btw I have input 104 notes myself, my referals +/- 200 notes, in a week)

So there's no telling what you will find in level 2 & level 3 ... I'm interested in your results ! (also differences per country, so we can match them with your other stats)
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Skylimit wrote:
emmem wrote: On the other hand your tree concept has awoken some curiosity in me. I am wondering now about tree statistics. How many users have referred users with not further referring. How many 2 steps, 3 steps referrals. What is the average time between registering to the site and having a referred user.
To my surprise, I have found out yesterday evening, that it actually works better than I ever hoped. I'm using the level 1 referral users from the "stats" page, because I cannot drill deeper. But check this out ! I have been a member for 15 days, I referred 8 users directly to this site (+ 3 who are not on the list ... OK too bad, forget about them)
From these 8 users, 2 have never registered a note.
But the other 6 have input twice as much notes as I have, and I only started referring users in after a couple of days ... (btw I have input 104 notes myself, my referrals +/- 200 notes, in a week)

So there's no telling what you will find in level 2 & level 3 ... I'm interested in your results ! (also differences per country, so we can match them with your other stats)
I think it is better to create a new topic about this (will be easier to find back afterwards and will be better for new users joining I think). So I’m taking the liberty of doing so. 8)
Locked

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”