Development WG's famous to do list

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Jes »

erzin wrote:just an idea :

on the right side of the screen, there are 3 boxes visible : total, top 10 users, top 10 users for the last 7 days. we can change these boxes in our profile.
is it possible to create a new box ? I would like to see a box with the top user for every euro country for the last 7 days. So a box with 16 flags and 16 names and their number of bills for the last 7 days and set this box as a default for new visitors.
This way, a new visitor will see immediatly the flag of their own country. Right now, most of the time, there are only 3 flags visible : :flag-de: , :flag-at: and :flag-nl: . By showing all 16 euro countries, it will appear more international.
For the regular users, it will be nice to see some other names.
I know, for some countries, it will always show the same name.
If I understand: give the option to show the top 10 of each country? that's a good idea :D

The only thing is that 16 possible list if you are "limited" to the €-zone, and around 200 countries (ie: 200 lists) if you consider all countries... that's rather a lot. But anyway, it can be made for the current 16 €-countries.

And, an idea for those boxes: Why not include the Top-10 of banknotes which more entries? or the "most traveled hits" that is: the banknotes which have been registered more times. (ie: quadruple/quintuple hits with more distance between them.)
Just an idea.
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
erzin
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 723
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: sint-niklaas, Belgium

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by erzin »

a top 10 box for every country can be an option, but what I ment is only 1 box with only 16 names.
Something like this :
:flag-fr: vildou 3000
:flag-es: Eliecer 895
:flag-de: G. Muller & family 5728
:flag-gr: ntilios 1148
:flag-mt: ewri 3397
:flag-sk: efkey TARTY 301
:flag-lu: gogo017 184
:flag-at: Moise 4881
:flag-it: erpirata 2018
:flag-fi: Assiboy 1763
:flag-nl: Vermeer 5728
:flag-pt: Leofer40 1737
:flag-be: an-148 2181
:flag-cy: Joboso 12
:flag-ie: japh 1236
:flag-si: kajak 1250

I would limit the box to the 16 euro countries, otherwise it would be to big. this way all the euro countries are always visible.
User avatar
kettenseger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1122
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2003 1:49 pm
Location: 41334 Nettetal, Germany
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by kettenseger »

i think it's very discouraging to new users, to see a list of users with thousends of notes entered.
i would prefer a list with the last 10 new users and the number of notes they have entered.
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Nerzhul »

erzin wrote:a top 10 box for every country can be an option, but what I ment is only 1 box with only 16 names.
Interesting idea. The boxes on the right could really use some polishing. Only problem is that a Top 16 wouldn't really fit with the other Top 10 style boxes and this type of stat would eventually become longer and longer once other countries join the Euro zone. I'll think about this approach...
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3228
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by googlejaps »

I've got a suggestion too.

When I log into the site, I'm automatically referred to the input-form for entering notes. I normally use the EBT-tool to enter my notes, so I would rather have it redirect to the my profile page.

Additionally, when I am navigating through the site after being idle for some time, I'm automatically logged out. Then when I try to see the user-rankings for instance, and then I discover I'm logged out, so I log in again, then I would like it to be not navigated away from the page I was seeing (user-rankings in this example).

Just a suggestion, I understand if there are reasons for not implementing this.
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by nossi »

My wish: To have a possibility to change "Hitpartner" and "Städte" to a alphabetical order.
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by yli »

It might be a nice idea to include a visitors ranking in the city and country rankings.
At this moment only a users ranking is available.
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Jes »

yli wrote:It might be a nice idea to include a visitors ranking in the city and country rankings.
At this moment only a users ranking is available.
I don't understand... I can see the visitors of any country and/or city 8O :?
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 5870
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:34 am
Location: TILBURG
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by yli »

I mean total rankings like these : users / cities or users / countries

A visitors ranking for countries would be something like this :

:flag-fi: Finland 27.569
:flag-de: Germany 23.814
:flag-nl: Netherlands 20.313
:flag-be: Belgium 17.208
:flag-pt: Portugal 11.614
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:
doiknow
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 4:04 pm
Location: Hannover, Germany

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by doiknow »

I just watched the three pentuple hits and realised there are no blue or red dots on the map of those hits. At all other hits there is a blue dot at each location where the bill has been entered and a red dot at the location where the bill has been entered the last time. Would it be possible to apply this feature for the pentuple hits - or at least mark the point where the bill showed up last? this would make things easier in following the bills route. I don't think everyone is good at finnish geography 8)

edit: I now realised the pentuple hit are called quintuple hit here :)
One Currency, one Union, one Eurobilltracker...
My dots are of the same order as 10.
User avatar
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:33 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Nerzhul »

Today's update includes some changes to the entity rankings in personal stats (e.g. ranking of "your" cities by notes) which can now be sorted by various criteria, including advancement (in note stats).

There's now also the hit ratio displayed in profiles. I hope this is more en- than discouraging ;-) At least it should give you an idea what to expect when travelling somewhere.

I also fixed some bugs in the global rankings.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by nossi »

Thank you, Nerzhul! Very fine! :D :D
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
User avatar
hadibe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:53 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by hadibe »

Nerzhul wrote:Today's update includes some changes to the entity rankings in personal stats (e.g. ranking of "your" cities by notes) which can now be sorted by various criteria, including advancement (in note stats).
Thanks, that's good idea.

But shouldn't this ranking remain sorted by number of bills when choosing any advancement as it is in every other table? :roll:
Okay, I can take this option in a second step, but I think it shouldn't be this way.
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by nossi »

I hope this would be my list wish: I need a filter for the postalcode with the same possibility for sorting like town or land.

Thank you!
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Avij's and Nerzhul's famous to do list

Post by Jes »

Nerzhul wrote:Today's update includes some changes to the entity rankings in personal stats (e.g. ranking of "your" cities by notes) which can now be sorted by various criteria, including advancement (in note stats).

There's now also the hit ratio displayed in profiles. I hope this is more en- than discouraging ;-) At least it should give you an idea what to expect when travelling somewhere.

I also fixed some bugs in the global rankings.
Thanks! I'm going to check the new features :D :D
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”