Suspicious notes and users

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

User avatar
erasmuston
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 15399
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 am
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by erasmuston »

friends?

User Tereca has seven hits http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/profile/? ... ser=149139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, all with user acust http://nl.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=48216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7434
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Crazy Bob »

Crazy Bob wrote:In May of 2008, Coco en Knorretje (back then known as €arlyinthemeadow) entered approximately 8000 bills. Most were series of consecutives (example). Including, of course, some hits into consecutive series. (example)

As these bills from May 2008 are being found back more and more, it would be wise to investigate this profile, and, when applicable, clean it.
When the cleaning girls are back from their holidays, it would be nice to have the above user investigated.
User avatar
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4433
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Jesolo (Venezia)
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by sen-chuan »

Are they kidding us :x ?

http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 18.09.2026
User avatar
nossi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: 1220 Wien

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by nossi »

sen-chuan wrote:Are they kidding us :x ?

http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150588" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/profile/?user=150590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems to be spam!
Liebe Grüße aus Wien - nossi -
Puupenni - Wooden Penny
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:44 am
Location: Kajaani, Finland

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Puupenni - Wooden Penny »

I don't know i.love.euro personally and I can't recall ever having met the person. I remember many faces from EBTM06 in Amsterdam but I cannot put the names and faces together. Anyway during my last trip I did not meet any ebters in Amsterdam.

I changed a lot of notes (maybe 30 to 50) in a place less than 1 km from Nieuwmarkt. According to map this place is situated as far from Nieuwmarkt as the Dam or the main railway station are situated. It looks that my notes were not found in the particular place where I left them as in that case there would have been many more hits with i.love.euro. Next time I go to A'dam I promise not to change notes near Nieuwmarkt. I hope you don't mind if I still pay for my beer with cash - even near Nieuwmarkt!

I have been busy with my work lately. Last night I entered last trip's notes from my home town Kajaani, Oulu, Helsinki and Tampere. I still have about 150 notes from Bremen and A'dam to enter in EBT when I have time (and as many notes/serial numbers from the previous trip in Finland, I'm afraid). Maybe next weekend I have time. We'll see how many of the Bremen notes i.love.euro has already found. I used all of them in Amsterdam and possibly changed some of them in that particular place.

Too bad it's not possible to enter the notes using the actual day that you got the note.

It is made perfectly clear in the comment field of my notes where and when they were got. See the comment fields, please. Because of late entry Finland - Netherlands hits look now as Netherlands - Finland hits. If moderators have the time to correct the dates, feel free.

Yours Puup W enpen
User avatar
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7434
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 6:29 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Crazy Bob »

Like I said, I did not accuse you of suspicious activities. Thank you for the explanation, it appears these hits are genuine (once the dates are corrected).
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

Crazy Bob wrote:Like I said, I did not accuse you of suspicious activities. Thank you for the explanation, it appears these hits are genuine (once the dates are corrected).
What we know in Italy is that I Love euro works in one Holland bank e before in one exchange office in Florence
User avatar
erasmuston
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 15399
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 am
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by erasmuston »

testing the system

http://nl.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=8903385" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

De Vliegende Vlerken 2009-09-24 11:58:15 Almere 1338TH test
Mechel 99 2007-01-01 18:10:59 Utrecht 3561
Afstand = 32 km, tijdsverschil = 996 dagen
rony2 2005-07-14 11:05:28 Amsterdam ??????
Afstand = 32 km, tijdsverschil = 536 dagen
User avatar
giulcenc
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 8596
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 pm
Location: Riccò del Golfo + Lerici (SP - Italy)
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by giulcenc »

Fake hit for a fake user:
http://it.eurobilltracker.eu/notes/?id=57654486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The last entry by cerlucio was today at 12.10, and a few minutes after his alter-ego cerlu2 (A Colombian inserting from Norway!) give him a fantastic (but fake) hit :evil:
User avatar
Gnaeus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: Rīga, Latvia
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Gnaeus »

de-jo wrote:Cleaning girls
ss2005 - 7501 notes
The user may not have learned his/her lesson. ss2005 has entered another 3262 bills in the seven days since this cleaning job, mostly on the 20th of September.
User avatar
CarlosManta
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3026
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:11 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by CarlosManta »

Gnaeus wrote:
de-jo wrote:Cleaning girls
ss2005 - 7501 notes
The user may not have learned his/her lesson. ss2005 has entered another 3262 bills in the seven days since this cleaning job, mostly on the 20th of September.
I propose disabling the advanced and expert forms for inserting bills, for those users that have been "cleaned". (at least for 12 months after the cleaning)
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Jes »

CarlosManta wrote:
Gnaeus wrote:
de-jo wrote:Cleaning girls
ss2005 - 7501 notes
The user may not have learned his/her lesson. ss2005 has entered another 3262 bills in the seven days since this cleaning job, mostly on the 20th of September.
I propose disabling the advanced and expert forms for inserting bills, for those users that have been "cleaned". (at least for 12 months after the cleaning)
I agree. and Super user too :evil:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
Schlauchen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:52 pm
Location: Kleinschwarzenbach / Helmbrechts / Franconia / Germany
Contact:

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Schlauchen »

Today some other spam users (I hope it'll be possible soon to delete accounts..):
Pharmc801
The same for
Pharma994
Pharmk400
Pharmb632
Pharmd365
Pharmf112
Pharmg915
Pharmf740
Pharmb93
Pharmd371
Pharme732
Pharme535
presidente
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 12714
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:51 am

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by presidente »

Why we don't make a system where user has to confirm registration making a click on one mail? So we oblige to put a real mail address and we avoid every type of spam
Post Reply

Return to “Feedback and Development”