What is your favourite airline?
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
Finnair: Flight was good but they operate airport busses which connect Helsinki with its airport, and the windows of those busses are completely covered with advertising plastic foil with small holes in it. It is almost impossible to look out from the inside, especially when it's raining. Really annoying!
Even when the Ryanair flight was "free" (as they sometimes are) it's often not reasonable: Ryanair adds taxes and a credit card fee (though there's no other option than paying with credit card!) and Stanstedt Express is expensive with its 30€ return. The bus ride at the other end of the flight will cost about 15€. And the Ryanair flights are often at stupid times of the day, like you have to go to London in the evening and depart from London in the morning, so you have to spend two more nights in London. This is why I think I save money if I take BA or Lufthansa, even when they charge 150€. And it saves me the hassle.Osku-82 wrote:... and subtract at least 200 euros from the price. From some airports you have to take a bus ride (goddamnit, I hate to ride a long-haul bus!!!micro wrote:Ryanair: Add 4 hours for bus rides to every flight because the airports they serve are ridiculously far away from everything.![]()
![]()
![]()
.) but at least Stansted, their hub, is served just as well as other London airports. I wouldn't call the train "express", though, as it is as "fast" and noisy as a local train. But it's good there's usually enough room for luggage and all.
At least some of the advertisements in other buses and trams have been transparent. I remember seeing an ad in a movie theater which was on a door window. It was only visible from the other side. You could only notice that the other side was a bit tinted.micro wrote:Finnair: Flight was good but they operate airport busses which connect Helsinki with its airport, and the windows of those busses are completely covered with advertising plastic foil with small holes in it. It is almost impossible to look out from the inside, especially when it's raining. Really annoying!
But yes, if they still use old materials, it is really annoying!
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
Singapore Airlines was good, but their quality of service is declining due to cost-cutting. Breakfast from Hong Kong to Singapore on Raffles Class (Business Class) was no more than a small miserable, danish and muffin. What happened to full breakfast of eggs and sausage? They also tend to treat the Asian customers worse, they sometimes ignore them, and serve the foreigners.
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
- Dakkus
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4734
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
- Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
- Contact:
I myself don't use Ryanair, because Tampere is a bit too far from where I live. But if I lived in Tampere or north from it (as almost 40% of Finns do), I would really appreciate not having to sit the extra 2 hours in the train to get to Helsinki. So, although for some people the airports are a bit too far away, there are also some people for whom it's not that way.
BTW, I wonder if the Estonian people use the Helsinki-Vantaa airport nowadays? V Bird flies from there and it's only a few hours and some 20-30€ by fast ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki. So, it can very well be a lot cheaper coming through Finland.
BTW, I wonder if the Estonian people use the Helsinki-Vantaa airport nowadays? V Bird flies from there and it's only a few hours and some 20-30€ by fast ferry from Tallinn to Helsinki. So, it can very well be a lot cheaper coming through Finland.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
I've seen that stupid window-covering foil on many buses. It seems to be a sort of fashion among bus companies around the world. In Hamburg they also had buses with total window covering and later switched to partly covering which is also annoying but you can at least find seats with unobstructed view.Osku-82 wrote:But yes, if they still use old materials, it is really annoying!
The foil is opaque and has small holes, about 1mm in diameter and 1mm distant from each other. The foil is applied to the outside of the bus or train.
I flew once with aeroflot (do they stil exist?).
Was a nice experience, flying in a tupolev, losing a filling in a tooth, arriving in Moscow during a snowstorm.
It was not my most luxary flight but certainly the most interesting one.
Was a nice experience, flying in a tupolev, losing a filling in a tooth, arriving in Moscow during a snowstorm.
It was not my most luxary flight but certainly the most interesting one.
Sitting at home ... behind my PC ... talking to Europe ... about notes?
TAP Air Portugal.
As far as I know it is the best company in the world. At leat in security terms, in all of it's years flying there is only one register of accident, and I believe whith no deaths, only a lot of people that are still scared of flyins (after about 20 Years) becauser they landed on watter.
As far as I know it is the best company in the world. At leat in security terms, in all of it's years flying there is only one register of accident, and I believe whith no deaths, only a lot of people that are still scared of flyins (after about 20 Years) becauser they landed on watter.

