oh yes, PHP is more than a script language, that solves this one. And as it seems, for the templates and stylesheets there are solutions, too.EuroBillTracker wrote:No, you would use fopen and use a URL to the other server as a file name. then you would insert to data and format it as you wish in your templates.thomas wrote:ok, so in this case one would not request a (static) .html-file, but load a .php-file containing an array. But this .php-file would have to be stored on one's own site to be readable, so it would have been downloaded first, right?
Here we are, back to the kernel question: I shall not collect my own notes, which I additionally POST into your database, but I close my note database and POST only. That means: no additional features! Except you accept them and they don't distract from your site's purpose.EuroBillTracker wrote:You don't have a notes part per se and I don't have a coin part. All URLS in my coins sites are actually URLs to your site and vice-versa. Except maybe images!thomas wrote: And what if I'd like to add some features in my note part (if it exists anymore), be it for technical reasons to make retrievals more efficient, be it for reasons to add other note characteristics like the "invisible" bar code or "banknote gradings"?
That is still hard to swallow. Here is the balance sheet:
- You get access to my coin database
- I get access to your note database
- I lose my notes, the possibility of new developments and my independence
- you lose nothing
Pooling note data, while keeping existing sites intact: is that really inacceptable to you?
Thomas

