Recomend 3 places in the world where to go if you have too much money and time..
1. Barcelona - I just love this city! The best thing is that there is lot see (architecture is just amazingly beautiful)and very nice beach near if it goes too hot.. try to avoid street La Rambla (Nothing to see there and lots of thiefs)
2. Cape Town - Really nice city! Also really safe! Places you can't miss: Table Mountain and beaches with pinguins
3. San Sebastian - The atmosphere of this city is just so warm! People are really friendly and open in the Basque Country. Must see: Aste Nagusia (In mid-August): international fireworks competitions every night at 23:00
(Also Finland Ofcourse but it's not so exotic for me)
Last edited by Fundamental on Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghent and Brussels: certainly the latter is a bit everything and all, ugly and beautiful, modern and ancient, dead and alive. You love the city, or you hate it, there's little in between.
1. Moscow: Great city, and very impressive!
2. Ostia (close to Rome): ancient city (in ruins), absolutely beautiful and romantic!
3. Havanna: go there as long as you can still feel the ambigious charme of socialism!
1. San Francisco (Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair)
2. Shanghai - it is not China, it's a boomtown
3. Barcelona - don't be afraid to visit Las Ramblas, there's a lot to see
1. Reykjavik: to start a visit in Iceland
2. Auckland: to start a visit in New Zealand
3. Caracas: to start a visit in Venezuela As you see, I prefer tours above a city
1 Havana, I was there last february for my honeymoon, wonderfull city
2 Normandia (France) and not jut for WW2 but because of the nice villages and nature
3 My home (Home sweet home)
My Flickr Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
Europe:
Barcelona is a superb city. I was there too long ago (1991) and a new visit to this great city is overdue for me. Probably will go there again within one year.
World:
The island of Bali in Indonesia is a magnificent place. I was there in 2001 and toured the island for one month with five friends. The religious sites and temples are breathtaking. Mother Earth did its best to create wonderfull sights.... from nice volcanoes to rainforest to a great underwater seascape. The whole spectrum of nature can be enjoyed. Lovely friendly people with alot of tradition and cultural splendor.
bhoeyb wrote:1. Reykjavik: to start a visit in Iceland
That`s what I thought, but as a city it's not a destination better than Venice (without tourists), Prague (before 1989) or (the) Beijing (I visited 15 years ago), which could be my personal top 3.
Cities I would like to recommend are:
* Istanbul: very alive, beautiful sites, sounds and atmosphere
* Irkutsk: Siberian Paris
* Plovdiv: with numerous Roman remains
And Vilnius, but because I have been living there and afterwards visited the city too often to give an objective advise I wouln't mention it over here. Or did I just do?
Sydney - Lovely city, great climate, beaches. Also check out the Blue Mountains nearby
Bangkok - Great sightseeing, shopping, food
Graz - Often overlooked, so not very touristy (they all go to Vienna and Salzburg). Young population, nice park, good pubs. Also you can walk everywhere.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Barcelona: my own city, I like it very much, more than Madrid (where I was born), Barcelona it's more cosmopolitan. And never had any problem in the Ramblas, you have a lot of things to view and to enjoy there.
Dubrovnik: I loved this city, I had the opportunity to visit it in 1989, now I don't know how it's the city, I think they still have their old city near the sea. I really want to return to the old Yugoslavia