What is your favourite airline?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

What is your favourite airline?

British Airways
4
8%
KLM
8
15%
Lufthansa
1
2%
Air Canada
0
No votes
United Airlines
0
No votes
Singapore Airlines
1
2%
Cathay Pacific
2
4%
Air France
2
4%
Finnair
11
21%
Other Airlines
23
44%
 
Total votes: 52

Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:26 pm

Post by Viperazzi »

golfinha wrote:TAP Air Portugal.
How 'bout BOTTLE Air Ireland?

Just had to suggest this... :wink: I don't think TAP comes from that but it just came to my mind... Probably because of the hugely successful "what comes to your mind first" thread.

To the topic:
I read in the news some days ago that Finnair has the best record of on-time flights. They've really got different values than a normal airline. That value is something I don't consider quite important because it is completely normal for a commercial flight to be late. Connections can be missed, though, but that's life.
User avatar
golfinha
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1731
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 7:20 pm
Location: Lisboa, Portugal

Post by golfinha »

Osku-82 wrote:
golfinha wrote:TAP Air Portugal.
How 'bout BOTTLE Air Ireland?

Just had to suggest this... :wink: I don't think TAP comes from that but it just came to my mind... Probably because of the hugely successful "what comes to your mind first" thread.
TAP - Transportes Aereos Portugueses, means Portuguese Air Tranports (or something like that)
User avatar
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3692
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:13 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by BaliBennie »

I am no frequent flyer at all, but the long distance flight from London to Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei was very pleasant. Good seats, friendly flight attendants and a smooth flight.

The company i was flying with was the national airline of Brunei Royal Brunei Airlines

Image
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
User avatar
connum
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Contact:

Post by connum »

Ryanair
User avatar
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 3692
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:13 am
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by BaliBennie »

Dakkus wrote:And then my favourite company: it surely is one of the cheap ones, because I don't see any reason for being too expensive. From those cheapies, I've only taken V Bird, which was very pleasant. The planes were all good and the crew was very nice. The only problem was the way they pronounced letters k and g making their German and English almost ununderstandable.. Krrghgrgr and so on :D
V-Bird lost his airplanes today and it has stranded several thousand passengers. The company has no money to lease them anymore. A take-over is its best chance to survive.
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
User avatar
Lucaz
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: Oosterhout, The Netherlands

Post by Lucaz »

KLM doesn't exist anymore :)
Air France had eaten KLM :P
User avatar
Axet
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: Rauma, Finland

Post by Axet »

I know I wouldn't like to fly with this airline:
Image
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out." -Rodney Dangerfield
Lapsettomuus ei ole periytyvää
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

Well... I've never used any of them... so I will wait to this summer to vote. (Problbly I will use Singapur airlain :wink: )

I traveled with Iberia (which is not very good I think :roll: ) and El-Al (Israeli) only
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
User avatar
Gerlin
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2643
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:26 am
Location: Graz, Austria

Post by Gerlin »

I was using many different airlines ... Austrian, Tyrolian, Lot, Jat, Lufthansa, Swiss Air, Ryan Air, Quantas, Virgin, American, some charter flights, ......... I think I liked Lauda Air best (very good service, delicious food and they even used 'real' spoons,forks and knifes - no plastic!) !!
I am what I am
User avatar
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3621
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Post by suntzu »

First of all, and it`s not for being portuguese i do recommend, Fly TAP.

My small experience in flights
Dan Air - don´t know if still exists, but we had a small palne and the A/C system was sending water inside the plane

British Airways - Good plane, good food

Lufthansa - Good plane, medium food, nice stewardesses :)

Air Luxor (Egyptian Charter) - Good planes, great landings (no food available)

Egypt Air - Packed plane, but the atmosphere was priceless

Tunisair - Fair plane / good plane (two different flights) - Fair food

TAP - Good plane, friendly attendants, good landings

SATA ( Air Açores ) - Good planes, good food (when available) Best pilots with bad weather (flying between azores islands with bad weather it`s an experience of a lifetime) and good landings

I believe when a company has lots of delays usually the problem is in the airport. About food, unfortunatelly with all cuts made, food is becoming plane food again :)
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
User avatar
Ewri
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4597
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Malta

Post by Ewri »

I voted for other airlines.

Emirates is the best airline I have ever been on. They give you a damp cloth to clean your hands, food menu and other things before each flight. Their cabin crew on the flight spoke more than 20 languages.

Lufthansa was good too although it had less legroom than Emirates.

3rd best is AirMalta, and fortunately enough, lately, there has been an improvement in the food given.

I have also been on Tuninter, Sabre Airlines, Air Canada but they didn't impress me much.
ajax_rotterdam
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 960
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:49 pm

Post by ajax_rotterdam »

Aaron wrote:I flew last summer by Spanair from Frankfurt to Madrid and back. I have to say the flights were my most enjoyable flights ever! The staff was kind and the planes were comfortable and modern.
Next april i'm flying with LAN Chile from frankfurt to madrid..business class on a A340!
I have flew with many airlines: Transavia,KLM,Martinair,Iberworld, Ryanair, but prefer KLM.
I collect Airplane Safetycards, could you help me collecting them?
If you got some, PM me!
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”