When you export a list of all your notes to CSV, you get a list, comma separated, but with no line breaks. Is this how it should be ?
Maybe a bit off topic, but how do you get this data in excel? When I save it to exportbills.csv and then open it in excel, it takes all the data in one cell and does not look at the ';' character.
The only solution I found up to now was to paste it in word, replace all ';' with tab and enter linebreaks and then paste it in excel.
Am I being silly here and is there an easier solution?
(oh, all in office 2000)
Maarten
All notes -> export to CSV problem
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
-
brunorodrigues
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:35 pm
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Contact:
- ag_pt
- Euro-Regular

- Posts: 169
- Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 2:37 pm
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal (38º44'N 9º12'W)
I also have a problem with CSV files, due to spaces in note comments.
To get rid of this problem I have to do like this:
To get rid of this problem I have to do like this:
- 1. rigth-click the link "export to CSV file"
2. choose "save target as" and give a name to the file being saved, extension CSV
3. open the file with a word processor like wordpad
4. replace spaces with _ (underscores) and save the file
5. open with Excel
-
Debtam
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:45 pm
- Location: Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
Thanksag_pt wrote:I also have a problem with CSV files, due to spaces in note comments.
To get rid of this problem I have to do like this:
- 1. rigth-click the link "export to CSV file"
2. choose "save target as" and give a name to the file being saved, extension CSV
3. open the file with a word processor like wordpad
4. replace spaces with _ (underscores) and save the file
5. open with Excel
Pecunia non olet

