10 years ago >>>

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by eurojuanmi »

10 years ago Partido Popular member Miguel Ángel Blanco is kidnapped in the Basque city of Ermua by ETA members, sparking widespread protests. 48 hours after he was shot in the back of the head.
User avatar
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4933
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 9:38 pm
Location: Away from home (once again)
Contact:

Post by Jes »

10 years ago... In Spain, the PESETA coins where replaced by new ones. (I remember I was 11...)
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun May 26, 2002 12:06 pm
Location: Frankfurt / Main

Post by Asiamaniac »

Ten years ago I
- was writing my thesis on the effects of tourism on the Indonesian island of Lombok
- lived in Passau, out in the green on the banks of a river
- had one of the worst heartaches of my life
- would have been a good "Where's Georger" because my side job was to be a tourist guide in Passau and I regularly guided US-tourists
- was making very beautiful bicycle rides through the hills and the beautiful landscapes south of Passau
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
User avatar
eurojuanmi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4592
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Location: Madrid

Post by eurojuanmi »

10 years ago was the 20th aniversary of the death of Elvis
User avatar
etty
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:01 pm
Location: Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Post by etty »

10 years ago i had my 10th birthday :wink:
I know... the past will catch you up as you run faster... I know...
User avatar
B I V O L
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3890
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:52 pm
Location: Maribor

Post by B I V O L »

10 years ago my father died :cry: .
Eriks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2089
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:37 am
Location: Bilthoven, NL

Post by Eriks »

10 years ago Athens was chosen as hosts for the Olympic Games of 2004.
User avatar
mamaline
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1092
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:31 am
Location: Duisburg, NRW, Germany

Post by mamaline »

Ten years ago Mother Teresa died in Kalkutta.
User avatar
gille
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 6784
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:55 am
Location: Wiekevorst, Belgium
Contact:

Re: 10 years ago >>>

Post by gille »

Ten years ago; A centennial earthquake (6.5 on Richter scale) hits Iceland on its national day.
Brand new website: #IceBucketChallenge Videos
User avatar
Math Murderer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1062
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:19 pm
Location: Erfurt, Germany
Contact:

Re: 10 years ago >>>

Post by Math Murderer »

Ten years ago Alex Salmond resigned as the leader of the Scottish National Party.
||\\ .. //|| ||\\ .. //|| There is nothing right in my left brain.
||. \\// .|| ||. \\// .|| There is nothing left in my right brain.
malu
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Uppsala, Sweden, EU

Re:

Post by malu »

2005-12-08:
milanocapitale wrote:10 years ago:
- I didn't know about EBT and euros, just ECU and i had a reproduction of it even if it was not a true coin
And just days later I remember hearing about the new name while standing in line at the cashier in a store! :)
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”