Occasionally I have visitors from more or less exotic places on my NIG page that definitely were looking for something completely different, according to their referring search string. I thought it could be funny to collect them here. Feel free to post yours, if there are any.
Sofia, Bulgaria 24.2.08 search string - he/she spent even 20 seconds looking at some pages, maybe a future eurobilltracker?
Availability of information about the search string (or referring link, that is)depends on the statistics tool that you use. Mine is www.statcounter.com
I don't know, when the links were fresh you could find my stats page on first page. Perhaps google decreased the page rank after people complained that this site is absolutely useless?
helloggs wrote:I don't know, when the links were fresh you could find my stats page on first page. Perhaps google decreased the page rank after people complained that this site is absolutely useless?
Google at least claims that they don't even have a tool for changing page ranks of individual websites. Instead, if the results are bad, they will tune the algorithm itself. They also tune the page rank algorithm several times each day, so the result might have disappeared just by coincidence.
my nig-statistic can not be found on google, but for some reason there were two different visitors from singapore.
now singapore is rank 3. of the visitors countries.