Moderated Hit list

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Moderated Hit list

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Just a quick word to say that I finally found some time and energy to start the moderated hit list.
If you look at the list as it stands tonight, I have moderated out of view all bills with more than 3 hits.Moderate != Erased, if you entered bills that have been moderated, they are still in the system and accounted for. It's just that I have no time to send emails 10 times a day to some people these days :)

What still needs to be done : I need to setup the group of moderators and explain the policy to everyone and then we'll have a collaborative system for keeping the list spam-free (hopefully). I expect everything will be done by Monday as promised yesterday.

good night...
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Thank you for keeping Eurobilltracker interesting!!!

Well done!!!!!!!!
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

A quick note (again) to say that some of you must have received an email about the moderation system. So moderate to your heart's content.

If you did not receive one and would like to apply for moderation status, please send me an email with your user id, email and user name so I can decide :)
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

It is much better now. Still there are these Woombel hits. You regognize them easily, because these hits have been entered in one minute intervals.
If 2 persons have several common hits, it would be sufficient (IMHO) to keep only their first common hit in the record. It is not funny to watch dozens of hits produced by couples like GÄNSELISEL-TAXI and Woombel.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Donald wrote: It is much better now. Still there are these Woombel hits. You regognize them easily, because these hits have been entered in one minute intervals.
You should see how many of those I've been moderating, and they're not the only ones...

It takes time to moderate!! I think we'll have a clean list by the end of next week.
User avatar
Craco
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Belgium, Beringen
Contact:

Post by Craco »

Donald wrote: If 2 persons have several common hits, it would be sufficient (IMHO) to keep only their first common hit in the record. It is not funny to watch dozens of hits produced by couples like GÄNSELISEL-TAXI and Woombel.
I find this a good proposal to keep only their first hit...

Philippe, I will help you soon... leave still some woombel'zz for me.. :twisted:

Greetzz,
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

craco wrote: I find this a good proposal to keep only their first hit...
I don't see the rational for this: why keeponly the first hit. Remember than in a year's time, what's going to matter is how each individual bill is since it will be found again. Noone will see those bills in the list (probably). So why list the travels of only one bill ?

I'd rather we have this list contain only real hits (ie, not those from bills exchanged by friends) as much as possible. So anytime we see a group of hits with bills entered at exactly the same time they should be moderated.

PS: The site is unreachable right now, it seems like an OVH router is down (it may not be the case for everyone though since they have multiple peer agreements).
No
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

I agree, the multiples should be kept in the data base for future evaluation. My moderated proposal: Keep all hits in the data base, but put only one hit per couple in the hit list.

A luxury version would be: You see only one hit of a partcular couple in the hit list, but you can click on this couple and - presto - you open a new window with all their other hits. Well, you wrote that you are occupied with other troubles - I won't blame you for not providing the luxury version.
User avatar
Craco
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Belgium, Beringen
Contact:

Post by Craco »

It's a pleasure again to browse through the hitlist...
Thanks Philippe..

Greetzz,
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

Hi! Thanks for a really good work! :)
Maybe you could use a color code for the really interesting hits. :idea:
I mean now the serial number on the hit list is black.

My suggestion:
:arrow: One color for interesting (real) international hits.
:arrow: Another for real national hits.
:arrow: Maybe hits not so interesting and even questionable ( friend hits etc.), but still acceptable hits could be marked with different color.

:idea: Serial number for new hits could stay black until they have been checked.
Would it be too complicated with multiple hits :?:
Or maybe some other method to make the hit list more informative
and easier to read.
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

I would suggest that you need at least two moderators to approve a removal for the new fake hits. To prevent that some real hits are considered fake hits to fast.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Suggestions

Post by EuroBillTracker »

I like the coloring suggestion : it basically boils down to putting the various hits in categories. The problem is what happens when you have a bill with more than 1 double entry ? What category should it belong to ? :(

About having more than one user mark a bill as fake, I'd put that in the voting-type of scheme I described a couple weeks ago. I can be done but is it worth the trouble ?

Let's just go with this one for 1 month and then change if needed.

If someone wants to help and didn't get moderator privileges, write me
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Well I must say I like the color thing too. But when looking at the hit list I see a lot of free space. 8O

Maybe we could use little pictures to make it easy to see if a note has international, national or local steps. :P

If a bill was entered twice in the same city and then was entered again in a different country the picture for international hits and the one for local hits would appear next to each other. If it would be entered again in the same country but not in the same city then all tree pictures would appear.

Maybe for a international hit we could use the following pic : Image (dimensions 15x10 pixels same as the flags and value pics)
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

emmem wrote: Maybe for a international hit we could use the following pic : Image (dimensions 15x10 pixels same as the flags and value pics)
I like the idea!! :D

Olivier
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Okay, now we have only 44 hits. Eeumm, I think we need to rethink the moderating thing again...
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”