Time to eat!

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

At what time do you eat (for dinner)?

Before 18h (I'm danish!)
11
15%
18h
17
23%
19h
18
24%
20h
23
31%
21h
1
1%
Later (I'm spanish)
4
5%
 
Total votes: 74

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Time to eat!

Post by Olivier »

Southern Europeans are known to eat much later than the northern Europeans... I wonder if it's real or just a legend. :P

At what time do you eat (for dinner)?

Olivier
Last edited by Olivier on Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Re: Time to eat!

Post by Olivier »

I usually eat from 18h to 19h, which is the common time for dinner in Quebec. In France, I was usually eating from 19h30 to 20h30.
User avatar
romppu
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:53 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by romppu »

I eat my dinner before 18.00 o'clock, but I am a Finn, not Danish (may our almighty God protect me of being Danish...)
€BT, обязательно...
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Sneakster »

We eat at about 18.00 hrs, just after I get home from work.
My wife finishes at 17.00, so dinner is ( mostly) ready when I arrive.. :oops:
User avatar
romppu
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:53 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by romppu »

Btw, in Finland we usually eat our dinner latest at about at 18.00. For me it is really difficult to be (for example) in the Southern Europe, where they eat their meal about at 22.00... :roll:
€BT, обязательно...
User avatar
Van Geel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:35 am
Location: Gent, Flanders (BE)
Contact:

Post by Van Geel »

Normally we eat at 17:00h. But I'm Flemish not Danish! :D
When it's later I ussualy eat chips and chocolat in front of television as well but that is something else. 8)
User avatar
hoppa
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: Oud-Heverlee (just beside Leuven) Belgium
Contact:

Post by hoppa »

I voted 18.00 but it's not as simple as that. :?
When we eat at home it's usually between around 18.00, depending on the time my wife gets home and if she had to taste some new food products on the job :) . When we go out for dinner which happens almost every friday and saturday we eat between 19.00 and 20.00.
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain
User avatar
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4097
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by N0W1K »

Hi!!

I'm Spanish!!! :)

so, I eat between 21 to 22,30. I don't arrive home til 20 or 20,30; you can imagine it's quite difficult fo spanish to eat around 18-20.... :( :(

saludos!!!
User avatar
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:05 pm
Location: Hämeenlinna / Finland

Post by Aaron »

Usually I don't eat dinner at all but if I eat it happens at 7 pm.

Yesterday I barbecued with my girlfriend some sausages in our backyard.
Kedvenc állatam a hörcsög; ha rálépek, szörcsög.
User avatar
Batavorum
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1302
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:49 am
Location: Grave, NL
Contact:

Post by Batavorum »

We start diner just before 18:00 (and no, I'm not Danish either).

We just have to start early becouse time scedule is realy tight to get the youngest kids to bed in time.
Sitting at home ... behind my PC ... talking to Europe ... about notes?
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Post by BogPoet »

I usually eat around the 20h-22h range. When I'm in Lisboa, sometimes even later. Very seldom do I eat before. At 17h-18h, while some of you are dining, I'm having a mid-afternoon snack!
Tracking (again) Image
User avatar
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Bray, Ireland

Post by Fjon »

I would usually have something at 19:00, but that's just because I get home from work at that time. On the weekend it can range between 17:00 and 23:00....

When I'm in Italy - I go there once a year - we would usually have something at 21:00.
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

I am a Finn and usually I eat dinner at 16.00 or 17.00, when I get home. Later in the evening (between 8 pm or 10 pm) I eat something too, like in my childhood home. But in some Finnish homes they eat hardly anything after 18.00. It is a problem for foreing visitors, who are staying as guests in Finnish homes. I have seen newspaper interviews, where those guests are very surprised and complain about this.
User avatar
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 7382
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: Lottum - Limburg - The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Ralf »

I eat dinner at 18:00.
somethimes 18:30 or 19:00
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

airis wrote:I am a Finn and usually I eat dinner at 16.00 or 17.00, when I get home. Later in the evening (between 8 pm or 10 pm) I eat something too, like in my childhood home. But in some Finnish homes they eat hardly anything after 18.00. It is a problem for foreing visitors, who are staying as guests in Finnish homes. I have seen newspaper interviews, where those guests are very surprised and complain about this.
If BogPoet comes to visit you, he'll be persuaded at 17h that you take a big snack very early! :lol:
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”