Well, actually the example of the NATO buildings is on the Kenan Malik website but used in a different exapmle. I just connected a part of the example to what was written in this thread.Skylimit wrote:Did you come up with that yourself ? I think it is in the book ...emmem wrote:Saying that the soul is just chemical reactions is a bit like saying NATO is just buildings. The chemical reactions are a condition for the existence of the soul.
Why do you post to this forum?
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
I bought it in "Fnack" in Gent, under Philosofie. in March. The cover is "Knal Red". Some parts will give you doubts if you really do exist ... so have a nice virtual trip, and don't do anything stupid 
[I bought a second hand book today ... "Complexity : Life at the Edge of Chaos", by Roger Lewin, 1993 ... Looks pretty interesting, started reading tonight ]
[I bought a second hand book today ... "Complexity : Life at the Edge of Chaos", by Roger Lewin, 1993 ... Looks pretty interesting, started reading tonight ]
Time is on our side ...
It seems that topics usually travel quite far from their original topics.emmem wrote:Seems to me this topic started a life on it own.![]()
And Skylimit seems to be a very unusual user, he's honest. He admits he really cares of his forum rankings(almost everybody does, only a few can admit that to public, or even to themselves)
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
OK. Time to confess. I do care about my ranking too. But on the other hand sometimes I can wait and think some time over something before I post.
I need only 20 posts (this one not included) to get to the Euro Expert ranking. I will probably not get there within 2 weeks (because there’s only 2 days left before I go on holiday for 2 weeks). But I'm patient. I know I will get there some day.
I care about my ranking. But I care about the quality of my posts too.
IMHO caring about your ranking is not a bad thing. As long as it is not the only thing you care about.
I need only 20 posts (this one not included) to get to the Euro Expert ranking. I will probably not get there within 2 weeks (because there’s only 2 days left before I go on holiday for 2 weeks). But I'm patient. I know I will get there some day.
I care about my ranking. But I care about the quality of my posts too.
IMHO caring about your ranking is not a bad thing. As long as it is not the only thing you care about.
- Skylimit
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 985
- Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
- Location: Belgium, Izegem
- Contact:
I don' really care about ranking in a forum ... I was just kidding.
I think ranking on the EBT-site would be a good idea, since entering bills is the purpose of this site, not posting many replies ... The ranking does not say anything about the quality of posts ... and therefore has no value.
I think ranking on the EBT-site would be a good idea, since entering bills is the purpose of this site, not posting many replies ... The ranking does not say anything about the quality of posts ... and therefore has no value.
Time is on our side ...
- sen-chuan
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4433
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:33 pm
- Location: Jesolo (Venezia)
- Contact:
It's only few days that I write in this forum... I find it funny, that's all!!
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 18.09.2026
- DAVID & KATY
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2801
- Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 pm
- Location: Portugal=> Algarve=> Olhão

