Why do you post to this forum?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Why do you post to this forum?

Because it's fun
33
62%
Because I want to rise my forum ranking
2
4%
Because I have a target % of total
0
No votes
Because I have a target posts per day
0
No votes
Never thought of that
9
17%
I don't
4
8%
Something else
5
9%
 
Total votes: 53

User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Skylimit wrote:
emmem wrote:Saying that the soul is just chemical reactions is a bit like saying NATO is just buildings. The chemical reactions are a condition for the existence of the soul.
Did you come up with that yourself ? I think it is in the book ... :?
Well, actually the example of the NATO buildings is on the Kenan Malik website but used in a different exapmle. I just connected a part of the example to what was written in this thread. :)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Donald wrote: I just read Wilburs's "A Theory of Everything" and I recommend this as an introduction to the world of Wilbur's books.
The book is now on my list of books to read along with the one from Kenan Malik. :)

I hope I will get one of them before I leave on holiday on Wednesday. :P
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

I bought it in "Fnack" in Gent, under Philosofie. in March. The cover is "Knal Red". Some parts will give you doubts if you really do exist ... so have a nice virtual trip, and don't do anything stupid :P

[I bought a second hand book today ... "Complexity : Life at the Edge of Chaos", by Roger Lewin, 1993 ... Looks pretty interesting, started reading tonight ]
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

When I started this topic I didn't have the slightest idea how deep this could get. :)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

Antti wrote:When I started this topic I didn't have the slightest idea how deep this could get. :)
Seems to me this topic started a life on it own. 8O

So the something else possibility of the poll can be:
"Because I am."

Although it could be "Because I’m a professional poster" too :?
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

Naaah, I just got a bit carried away because that was the only way to become


EURO-EXPERT IN TRAINING !!
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

emmem wrote:Seems to me this topic started a life on it own. 8O
It seems that topics usually travel quite far from their original topics.
And Skylimit seems to be a very unusual user, he's honest. He admits he really cares of his forum rankings(almost everybody does, only a few can admit that to public, or even to themselves)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

OK. Time to confess. I do care about my ranking too. But on the other hand sometimes I can wait and think some time over something before I post.

I need only 20 posts (this one not included) to get to the Euro Expert ranking. I will probably not get there within 2 weeks (because there’s only 2 days left before I go on holiday for 2 weeks). But I'm patient. I know I will get there some day.

I care about my ranking. But I care about the quality of my posts too.

IMHO caring about your ranking is not a bad thing. As long as it is not the only thing you care about.
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

I don' really care about ranking in a forum ... I was just kidding.
I think ranking on the EBT-site would be a good idea, since entering bills is the purpose of this site, not posting many replies ... The ranking does not say anything about the quality of posts ... and therefore has no value.
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

For a rather clear reason I don't care of my ranking at all :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
Thompson
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:20 pm
Location: Finland

Post by Thompson »

I have never thought of that.. maybe I just like to write here, or I have nothing else to do.. :lol:
User avatar
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4433
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Jesolo (Venezia)
Contact:

Post by sen-chuan »

It's only few days that I write in this forum... I find it funny, that's all!!
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 18.09.2026
User avatar
DAVID & KATY
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2801
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:53 pm
Location: Portugal=> Algarve=> Olhão

Post by DAVID & KATY »

Yes is a very funny forum :wink:
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”