Summer time

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Post Reply

Do you like Summertime?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:38 am

Yes
7
54%
No
5
38%
Never Mind
1
8%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Marly la ville -Europa
Contact:

Summer time

Post by francky »

Hi
In France, since this nigth, we're in summertime.
What about the Other country?
For this server, it is not the case because it delays one hour with
France

My first Poll :P
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Summer time

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Humm... should I make that the poll for April ?

Ah... I voted...
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:18 pm
Location: Finland

Post by mts »

AFAIK it's called "daylight saving time" in English. And it's an EU regulation, all members switch to "summer time" in the last Sunday of March at 1 o'clock GMT and back to "winter time" or "normal time" in the last Sunday of October at 1 o'clock GMT.

I don't like it very much.. too much hassle.
User avatar
Craco
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Belgium, Beringen
Contact:

Post by Craco »

Did vote no. I hate that switching of hours 2 times a year, just choose one and stick to it for the complete year. Now I had to get up one hour early and lost one hour during the day to switch all my clocks at home, car, desk etc... :evil:

Greetzz,
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

mts wrote: AFAIK it's called "daylight saving time" in English.
Ahhh !! That's what you meant ?? I thought you meant the summer season :(
I vote no after all...
User avatar
pinguino79
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 313
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:44 pm
Location: Vicenza, Italy, EU

Post by pinguino79 »

Don't know what to say; setting the clocks twice a year bothers me.
BTW, I discovered that I forgot to set the clock in my bedroom last autumn, so I didn't need to set it back to DLS... never watched it :oops:
In Italy we call it "ora legale" (legal time) opposed to "ora solare" (solar time)
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
sralfalo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:01 pm
Location: Hamburg - Germany
Contact:

Post by sralfalo »

Oh yes, I do like the Summertime coz I luve late sunsets!

Lars
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:

Post by Flip the Coin »

craco wrote: Did vote no. I hate that switching of hours 2 times a year, just choose one and stick to it for the complete year. Now I had to get up one hour early and lost one hour during the day to switch all my clocks at home, car, desk etc... :evil:
I voted YES. I was working in the nightshift this time and I like it to work 7 hours and get money for 8.. :wink:

Flip the Coin
There is no spoon..
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

Daylight saving time is a silly thing, kind of a collective self-cheating, so I voted no :twisted:

To keep the annoyance low, I can recommend radio-controlled clocks. They're pretty cheap in electronics stores and do the silly setting procedure by themselves. 8)

If you want to set your PC clock accurately to the second, here's a nice free tool: Cmdtime. This little tool sets your PC clock to the time of an atomic clock server via Internet connection. I've been using it for years. 8)

micro
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

I love summertime. We enjoy more sun in the evening!
User avatar
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Contact:

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

I love summer, I always love having the walks with my wife and/or the family on Friday and Saturday nights in Paris.
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
User avatar
milanocapitale
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1916
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:34 pm
Location: Milano,Lombardia,Nothern Italy(what's 'europe'?)
Contact:

Post by milanocapitale »

i wish i have every week a double saturday and sunday,maybe this is better than summertime'jetlag'
-THE ThREAD DIGGER-
Passi per quello sfigato di Marin, passi per quella zoccola della Bruni, passi per una fabbrica di debito come Alitalia ma EBT NO!(Manadou sta gran zoccola)
IO NON SONO MARINARETTO
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”