Stamped notes

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply
User avatar
bocky
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Pontinha, Portugal (near Lisboa)

Post by bocky »

I think I've stamped about 10 or 15 notes to see what would happen, but they seem to have disappeard... No hits with stamped notes so far :(

Maybe I just need to stamp more, I haven't stamped any for a long time.
Lou Crazy
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:17 am
Location: L'Aquila

Post by Lou Crazy »

bocky wrote:I think I've stamped about 10 or 15 notes to see what would happen, but they seem to have disappeard... No hits with stamped notes so far :(

Maybe I just need to stamp more, I haven't stamped any for a long time.
I stamped about 500 of them, starting more than two years ago, and only 5 were entered :-(

Moreover, none of those 5 people became a regular user.

:-(
User avatar
mirella
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:19 pm
Location: Heinola, Finland

Post by mirella »

Today I got a stamped note. The stamp said: COULD SOMEBODY ELSE USE ME BETTER? :lol:

Image
User avatar
bocky
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:53 am
Location: Pontinha, Portugal (near Lisboa)

Post by bocky »

8O Strange stamp...
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:25 pm
Location: NW · DE · EU

Post by tabbs »

Seems to be some "interactive art" project. Here are images of another one: http://interactingarts.org/moneystamping/gallery.html

The gallery actually has a picture of this "Could somebody else ..." stamp. Maybe some initiative for people in need? Unfortunately the comment does not say where that stamp came from.

Christian
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

The idea of making a special stamp is however quite great. The note will stay a lot longer in circulation when the stamp is only one long line instead of three shorter ones.

A picture of such stamp:
Image

I think a stamp like that can be built py cutting a normal Lidl-/Aldi-stamp into smaller pieces and then glueing those pieces to a piece of wood.
If I find a suitable piece of wood, I will probably make my stamp one line high :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
mirella
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:19 pm
Location: Heinola, Finland

Post by mirella »

Wow, my fiver was the part of the money stamping project!
Thanks tabbs for finding that out ;)
User avatar
Fonzie
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: Stadskanaal, The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Fonzie »

Lou Crazy wrote: I stamped about 500 of them, starting more than two years ago, and only 5 were entered :-(
Welll... one out of 100 is not a bad hit ratio, especially not for Italy :)
Niet meer zo fanatiek als ooit maar is nu al voor het 8ste jaar aan het invoeren... Overigens is een klein deel van mijn biljetten gestempeld met de ebt url
Lou Crazy
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:17 am
Location: L'Aquila

Post by Lou Crazy »

Fonzie wrote:
Lou Crazy wrote: I stamped about 500 of them, starting more than two years ago, and only 5 were entered :-(
Welll... one out of 100 is not a bad hit ratio, especially not for Italy :)
But I got no hits at all out of the other 1600 or so notes I entered :-)
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3952
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:59 am
Location: Kassel, Germany

Post by joergb30 »

Bobtail wrote:Today I got an Irish 50 euro note that had been stamped:
Image
It's definitely "group", but the upper text is too messy to read. "Widows Group", maybe? :wink: Well, perhaps not, because the first letter looks like "M". Has anyone seen something like this before?
Today I have found this banknote with the same stamp!
User avatar
Venga
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:57 am
Location: Utrecht Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Venga »

8O 8O I had one of these too! The stamp says M. DOGO GROUP. Mine was an Irish :note-10: , found in Zeist :flag-nl: !
User avatar
Bobtail
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:47 am
Location: Oulu, Finland

Post by Bobtail »

Wow, they must be fairly common then! 8O Are there any Irish EBTers who know what it means?
User avatar
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4242
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:16 pm
Location: Leiden (Netherlands)

Post by Elmo »

I have also found such a bill!
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
User avatar
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 7683
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Klazu »

Wow, finding such stamps all around the Europe! 8O What are the odds for that? :!: This is pretty interesting. I hope someone is able to clarify this to us...
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
User avatar
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1071
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: Bray, Ireland

Post by Fjon »

Funnily enough I have never seen such a note, and have no idea what it could be!
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”