Where do you go this summer...?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Where are you this summer...?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:40 pm

I don't go on vacation
4
11%
I will stay in my own country
8
22%
I will be in Europe
22
59%
I will be in North-America
1
3%
I will be in South-America
1
3%
I will be in Africa
1
3%
I will be in Asia
0
No votes
I will be in the pacific (including Australia and New Zeeland)
0
No votes
I will be somewhere else!
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 37

User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Where do you go this summer...?

Post by nodisch18 »

Perhaps a bit early, but maybe you already know what you're going to do this summer...?! 8) 8)
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

One week Luxemburg 8)
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

3 weeks North-America.
I'm going to visit some of the national parks with my parents and brothers.
And also a few days Washington.

Oh, and maybe (very maybe) I'll be in Finland too... but I don't know if I'm really going to do that, first I have to get enough money....
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Post by nodisch18 »

Visiting some of the national parks in America seems to be very nice to me!!
One day I would like to visit some of them too. 8)

I'm going to Costa Rica this summer!!! :lol: :lol:
For a bit more than 6 weeks!!! :P :lol: :P

Does anybody know if I can pay with Euro's overthere? :roll:
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

Probably in Austria
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

nodisch18 wrote:Visiting some of the national parks in America seems to be very nice to me!!
One day I would like to visit some of them too. 8)

I'm going to Costa Rica this summer!!! :lol: :lol:
For a bit more than 6 weeks!!! :P :lol: :P

Does anybody know if I can pay with Euro's overthere? :roll:
Waow, nice trip!

What is the official currency in Costa Rica? Take some euros, I am sure you'll be able to change them in a bank, there...

O.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

I may come back to France to spend a few weeks in my family... :)
Nothing's planed yet.

I am just sure I won't go to the USA. The controls at the american-canadian border are just crazy!! Paranoia...

Olivier
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

it's to soon to think about that...

any way, I'll probably won't have vacations this year... :cry:

bn :arrow: 8)

ps: well some days at the beach are for sure...
Petri6
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 9:22 pm
Location: Finland

Post by Petri6 »

I'll go to Crete at the end of summer, with my family.
User avatar
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Contact:

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

I want to tour France in-depth this summer after I settle in Nanterre. Unfortunately the most I can go off is a week as my job needs me there on Monday to Saturday.
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

In May I'll go to Rome for a week with my class. (it's a tradition in our school that those who study latin take a trip to Rome on their last year)
Last edited by Antti on Fri Feb 14, 2003 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Post by nodisch18 »

Olivier wrote:
nodisch18 wrote:Visiting some of the national parks in America seems to be very nice to me!!
One day I would like to visit some of them too. 8)

I'm going to Costa Rica this summer!!! :lol: :lol:
For a bit more than 6 weeks!!! :P :lol: :P

Does anybody know if I can pay with Euro's overthere? :roll:
Waow, nice trip!

What is the official currency in Costa Rica? Take some euros, I am sure you'll be able to change them in a bank, there...

O.
The official currency is the Collones, they see it's the most beautiful money in the world. Especially one surtain note but i can't remember wich one... :roll:

But most people overthere use the american dollar because it's must stronger and all the tourist got lots off them... :lol:

I'm sure to take some euronotes with me, and hope that I can get a hit all the way overthere!

Antti Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In May I'll go to Rome for a week with my class. (it's a tradition in our school that those who study latin take a trip to Rome on their last year)


That's cool, at my old school it is also a tradition to go to Rome in the final year! :lol:
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

In may I'm going to Prague with my class.

In my school it's a tradition that the 'ASO' (general secondary education) goes to Prague, and the 'TSO' (Technical secondary education) goes to Italy.

In my previous school (only ASO) we could choose between Rome and Moscow.
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Just wondering

Post by Antti »

I just started wondering one thing: when I'll be in Rome I'll receive some notes there for sure. And then I insert them to EBT should I write the city's name in English (Rome) or like the locals do (Roma)?
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Post by nodisch18 »

I prefer the English way because most people understand it. (in this cause it's not that important because it looks almost the same... :lol: )
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”