Postcrossing

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Guest

Post by Guest »

Must you send the cards in real to people?
Is it not expensive than>?
User avatar
Bootje
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:23 pm
Location: Huizen

Post by Bootje »

you only have to buy postcards, i you don't have them and you have to buy some stamps.
You can make it as expensive as you want to make it
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

You can always make cards of your own. They don't have to be bought in a shop. And you can send cards only whenever you have money to buy a card and a stamp. There are no rules how many cards you should send.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
Hugo & Any
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Faro, Portugal

Post by Hugo & Any »

I just registered myself and already have 2 adresses to send postcards, both girls. I won't have much time for this but I will try to do it because I think it is a nice idea. Lets hope to have answers! :)
View my stats
Hugo & Any
User avatar
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1349
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:20 am
Location: Lithuania

Post by westwind »

Incredible !!! Two my cards expired to USA arrived after 83 and 84 days ! Image
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Your cards must have travelled around the world at least twice! :wink: It's nice that they finally arrived there where they were supposed to go, though a bit late.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
hebben-en-houden
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:32 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Post by hebben-en-houden »

Today Ivosousa from Lisboa registred on EBT!

He is my 1st Postcrossing referral!
Great!

:lol:
If you don't like traveling, just watch where your Eurobill goes and let the banknote do the travelling for you!!
User avatar
Bootje
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 633
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:23 pm
Location: Huizen

Post by Bootje »

@hebben-en-houden: you're going very well on postcrossing. Better than I am.

My first card expired a few days ago.
I received 7 cards so far + some unofficial
and I've send 7 and 6 are travelling (one of them is already expired)
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Today I received a card from the Cayman Islands! :D That's something exotic.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4734
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
Contact:

Post by Dakkus »

I found a rather interesting looking electronic version of this "game": http://www.plinko.net/Roulette/faq.asp
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
User avatar
Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 934
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 3:29 pm
Location: Perniö, Finland

Post by Evert »

I sent a card to Uzbekistan - a man in Taškent wanted to swap cards with me privately :D He got it already, and said he just sent mine. Didn't take that long, less than 2 weeks.
User avatar
lazza
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, UK

Post by lazza »

Dakkus wrote:I found a rather interesting looking electronic version of this "game": http://www.plinko.net/Roulette/faq.asp
I've signed up so I now expect to be inundated with spam any day now.... :roll: :)

Also, have you seen the number 1 player has sent >6000 emails as part of the game??? 8O 8O 8O
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

Today I received a beautiful postcard from Singapore. :D It's my first from the east.
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
soilian
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:33 am
Location: Hartola, Finland

Post by soilian »

So far all my postcards have arrived to recipients, but today one expired. It was travelling to Brazil, but it never reached the recipient in time. :cry: All I can do is to hope it will arrive there some day. There's one good thing about the expiring. Now I can send another card again. :D
Money makes the world go round. We make the money go round.
Postcrossing
User avatar
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4097
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by N0W1K »

I have 2 expired postcards :cry: , is great to receive so many postcards :D and the TAG topics on the forum :lol:
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”