new option added to the user profile

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

new option added to the user profile

Post by nodisch18 »

Today i noticed that by every user-profile the total worth (waarde) of the inserted money is displayed...? Since when is that option added...?
Last edited by nodisch18 on Mon May 26, 2003 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: new option added to the user profile

Post by avij »

nodisch18 wrote:Since when is that option added...?
A few moments ago. However, I realized that not everyone would like all the world to know how much money (in euros) they are handling, so I've removed the ability to view that data for other users, at least until we've reached a consensus about this. In the meanwhile, it'd be nice from you or someone else to .. um, edit your posts a bit :) Thanks.

Here's what my own user info page looks like now:
Image
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

Hey this sure is a great option!

I've got:
Number of notes entered : 358
Value of notes entered : 3520 €
Average denomination of notes entered : 9.83 €
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

where can you find it on the site ?

*edit* already found it :)

Number of notes entered : 3575
Value of notes entered : 142980 €
Average denomination of notes entered : 39.99 €
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Hmmmmmz strange !
My own database says

Aantal bankbiljetten: 3575
Totale waarde: 142950 EUR (5766588.705 BFR)
Gemiddelde waarde per biljet: 39.986013986014 EUR (1613.0318055944 BFR)


That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Post by avij »

Tiger wrote:That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
Sounds like you've entered one 20€ note as a 50€ note on EBT. How about comparing the note value distribution between your own database and EBT?
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

It is great to see the site moving again :lol:
Time is on our side ...
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

avij wrote:
Tiger wrote:That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
Sounds like you've entered one 20€ note as a 50€ note on EBT. How about comparing the note value distribution between your own database and EBT?
I don't know how this could have happened....
I always enter my notes first in my own database, and then I copy/paste them per 20 into the advanced forum....
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Re: new option added to the user profile

Post by emmem »

avij wrote:However, I realized that not everyone would like all the world to know how much money (in euros) they are handling, so I've removed the ability to view that data for other users, at least until we've reached a consensus about this. In the meanwhile, it'd be nice from you or someone else to .. um, edit your posts a bit :) Thanks.
Maybe we can let the users decide in their user profile. Something like

Hide my value statistics to other users

The default value should be set to on.
Last track:.31-07-2007.:
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Re: new option added to the user profile

Post by nodisch18 »

emmem wrote:
The default value should be set to on.
I think the default status should be off,
I think it is nicer to the user. because then the can choose what they want, not what they don't want.... :roll:
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Re: new option added to the user profile

Post by BogPoet »

nodisch18 wrote:
emmem wrote:
The default value should be set to on.
I think the default status should be off,
I think it is nicer to the user. because then the can choose what they want, not what they don't want.... :roll:
nodisch, I think you're confused. the option to hide should be set to on... and I think we all agree with that. If it would be set to off, the default would be to show the values, not to hide them... :roll:
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

Tiger wrote:I don't know how this could have happened....
I always enter my notes first in my own database, and then I copy/paste them per 20 into the advanced forum....
Maybe it happened when you just came to the site and the advanced form wasn't available yet?
Well you can allways export a csv file and compare the databases.
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

I like the new option a lot! Thank you 8) .
User avatar
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 14790
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:14 am
Location: Netherlands

Cool option!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fons »

Cool option! 8) :P :o :) :!:
My total value is now 10285 euro!
I just entered notes with a total value of 320 euro.
Today I passed the 10.000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)



Gebruiker : Fons
Lid sinds: 2002-05-09
Werkendam, Netherlands (4251 **)
Laatste Biljet Ingegeven : 2003-05-27 20:17:22
Number of notes entered : 856
Value of notes entered : 10285 E
Average denomination of notes entered : 12.02 E

Distribution of note values
5 E 317 1585 E
10 E 389 3890 E
20 E 98 1960 E
50 E 47 2350 E
100 E 5 500 E


PS: I changed the eurosigns in E because I get a strange code when I post something with a euro sign in it.
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6193
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Re: Cool option!!!!!!!!!

Post by avij »

Fons wrote:Cool option! 8) :P :o :) :!:
I thought it's an unnecessary burden for EBTers to export their bills to CSV and Excel so that they could get the total value of notes they've entered. I'm glad you liked the new feature 8)
Fons wrote: Laatste Biljet Ingegeven : 2003-05-27 20:17:22
Number of notes entered : 856
Note to translators: I've added quite a lot of new entries to Babel, so it's possible to translate even more of the site to your native language. Feel free to update the translations. The tabs in FAQ / Statistics / Advanced bill entry form were a bit tricky, but I think I've got 'em fixed now (Works For Me(tm)). As usual, let us know if there are problems.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”