I want billwashers!

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Post Reply
Stefan
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
Contact:

I want billwashers!

Post by Stefan »

Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
May the Euro be with you.
K3lvin
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 1:16 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

I want billwashers!

Post by K3lvin »

Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe?
Do you mean money laundering? :D I hope you aren't into it 8)
Stefan
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Stefan »

No you doofus, I mean those machines that wash the dirt off your bills.
Though speaking of money laundering, a lot of criminals went through quite some trouble early January. Think of it, having millions of illegal guilders (or francs or marks, whatever) needing to get exchanged into euros. There were huuuge queues at the Dutch GWK's (Grenswisselkantoren=border exchange offices) cause that's the only place where you can exchange money and it's not registered.
May the Euro be with you.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

I want billwashers!

Post by micro »

Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
Do Japanese really have little billwashers at home? Would be easier if the banks would wash and iron the bills for us...

But maybe a regular washing machine is also good for the task: A regular washing machine can be filled with 4 kg at a time, this should reach for a million :wink: :wink: :wink:
Flip the Coin
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
Location: Amsterdam, NL
Contact:

I want billwashers!

Post by Flip the Coin »

Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
Can they make one with built in scanner to ease the entering of notes for eurobilltracker? :lol:

Nico
There is no spoon..
mts
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:18 pm
Location: Finland

I want billwashers!

Post by mts »

Flip the Coin wrote: Can they make one with built in scanner to ease the entering of notes for eurobilltracker? :lol:
I don't care about billwashing (crazy Japanese :roll:), but an automated EBT Banknote Serial Scanner would be really cool.. :lol:
esperantisto
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:17 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Post by esperantisto »

The automatic scanner would be too cool! I wish the notes had a bar code on them like the Nederlandse notes did.
DoubleYou

serial scanner

Post by DoubleYou »

esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool!
I don't know if you all want to pay much for such a thing, but there already exists an electronic pen which can read text.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool! I wish the notes had a bar code on them like the Nederlandse notes did.
The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!
User avatar
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Marly la ville -Europa
Contact:

Post by francky »

micro wrote: The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
DoubleYou

Post by DoubleYou »

micro wrote:The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!
Little bit expensive for ECB but a good idea :D :D :D :D
SteC

Post by SteC »

Big ECB Brother is watching you! :twisted:
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

micro wrote:
esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool! I wish the notes had a bar code on them like the Nederlandse notes did.
The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!
They're actually planning this using RFID
DoubleYou

Post by DoubleYou »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
micro wrote:
esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool! I wish the notes had a bar code on them like the Nederlandse notes did.
The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!
They're actually planning this using RFID
:?: :?: :?: Bills tracking themselfes? Maybe you can tell what RFID means, then I understand.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

DoubleYou wrote: :?: :?: :?: Bills tracking themselfes? Maybe you can tell what RFID means, then I understand.
RFID means radio frequency identification : you put in a little chip and it responds to an electric field a special way so basically it's a simple way to uniquely identify a bill (if they encode the serial number).
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”