I want billwashers!
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
-
Stefan
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
- Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
- Contact:
I want billwashers!
Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
May the Euro be with you.
I want billwashers!
Do you mean money laundering?Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe?
-
Stefan
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
- Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
- Contact:
No you doofus, I mean those machines that wash the dirt off your bills.
Though speaking of money laundering, a lot of criminals went through quite some trouble early January. Think of it, having millions of illegal guilders (or francs or marks, whatever) needing to get exchanged into euros. There were huuuge queues at the Dutch GWK's (Grenswisselkantoren=border exchange offices) cause that's the only place where you can exchange money and it's not registered.
Though speaking of money laundering, a lot of criminals went through quite some trouble early January. Think of it, having millions of illegal guilders (or francs or marks, whatever) needing to get exchanged into euros. There were huuuge queues at the Dutch GWK's (Grenswisselkantoren=border exchange offices) cause that's the only place where you can exchange money and it's not registered.
May the Euro be with you.
I want billwashers!
Do Japanese really have little billwashers at home? Would be easier if the banks would wash and iron the bills for us...Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
But maybe a regular washing machine is also good for the task: A regular washing machine can be filled with 4 kg at a time, this should reach for a million
-
Flip the Coin
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2002 9:57 pm
- Location: Amsterdam, NL
- Contact:
I want billwashers!
Can they make one with built in scanner to ease the entering of notes for eurobilltracker?Stefan wrote: Aren't there any billwashers in Europe? Those over-hygienic Japanese have them, they seem really cool to me!
In goes your dirty, messed up bill, *BUZZZ*,*HUMMM*,*BUZZZ*, and there's your crispy 'n' fresh bill, as good as new! Yay!
Nico
There is no spoon..
I want billwashers!
I don't care about billwashing (crazy JapaneseFlip the Coin wrote: Can they make one with built in scanner to ease the entering of notes for eurobilltracker?![]()
-
esperantisto
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:17 pm
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
-
DoubleYou
serial scanner
I don't know if you all want to pay much for such a thing, but there already exists an electronic pen which can read text.esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool!
-
DoubleYou
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
-
DoubleYou
EuroBillTracker wrote:They're actually planning this using RFIDmicro wrote:The notes should have a chip built in and track themselves using GPS!esperantisto wrote:The automatic scanner would be too cool! I wish the notes had a bar code on them like the Nederlandse notes did.
-
EuroBillTracker
- Euro-Expert

- Posts: 704
- Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
- Location: Paris, France
- Contact:
RFID means radio frequency identification : you put in a little chip and it responds to an electric field a special way so basically it's a simple way to uniquely identify a bill (if they encode the serial number).DoubleYou wrote:![]()
![]()
Bills tracking themselfes? Maybe you can tell what RFID means, then I understand.

