Distance calculations

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

PS just about graphic ...
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

TC wrote:i think everybody can read english...
For me it would be okay to just have an English site, but i was really surprised how bad the English of the average French was when i was in Paris last week.
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

perhaps... but only read... i think it's not impossible ... for french too :wink:
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

smh wrote:
TC wrote:i think everybody can read english...
For me it would be okay to just have an English site, but i was really surprised how bad the English of the average French was when i was in Paris last week.
I am personnaly very surprised how bad the French of the English is when I am in London! :lol: :lol:

Olivier
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

TC wrote:perhaps... but only read... i think it's not impossible ... for french too :wink:
Impossible n'est pas français! ;-)

O.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

Olivier wrote:
smh wrote:
TC wrote:i think everybody can read english...
For me it would be okay to just have an English site, but i was really surprised how bad the English of the average French was when i was in Paris last week.
I am personnaly very surprised how bad the French of the English is when I am in London! :lol: :lol:

Olivier
Yes, but i was serious, even people working in Euro Disney didn't know how to speak French. Don't the French have English in school? Mandatory i mean?
DoubleYou

french

Post by DoubleYou »

French people are always weird in learning languages (sorry you french people... :) )
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

I went to Eurodisney last week. Everyone of the employees which I talked to, spoke French or English. Isn't that normal?
User avatar
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: distance

Post by HNL »

EuroBillTracker wrote:It would be a nightmare to handle the multiple languages with graphics
Hm, ok, I don't no anything about writing PHP, but I can imaging if you have to handle 9 languages it takes hours of your time :wink: .
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

most people can read english but i think it is important for users that visit this site for the first time that there is information and an good introduction in their native language
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

smh wrote: even people working in Euro Disney didn't know how to speak French.
French who don't speak french ?? I don't understand...
smh wrote: Don't the French have English in school? Mandatory i mean
Yes, we do. :-)
We learn at least 2 foreign languages. I have personaly learned English, German and Russian (+ a year of latin).

I am also serious when I say that most of the time the english-speaking people don't know a single word in a foreign language... they don't have to do any effort as everyone "should" speak english.

Olivier
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Re: french

Post by Olivier »

DoubleYou wrote:French people are always weird in learning languages (sorry you french people... :) )
The old people have not learned any foreign language at school, that's why the french are known not to speak any foreign laguage.
It has changed for decades. All the french pupils learn english at school. even if they might not ALL speak well.

The European Union should help all the countries of the Union: we have 11 official languages, we will probably have 20 in 2004.
Every European should speak 3 languages (his mother tongue + 2 foreign)...

O.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

wouter wrote:most people can read english but i think it is important for users that visit this site for the first time that there is information and an good introduction in their native language
I don't understand... how many languages should be used in euro disney?

I am sure there is only one language spoken in the american disneylands... :wink:

Olivier
User avatar
Ernst
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 6:13 pm
Location: Frankfurt a. M.

Re: french

Post by Ernst »

DoubleYou wrote:French people are always weird in learning languages (sorry you french people... :) )
I don't know why people always complain about France. Have you ever been in Spain(outside mallorca)?
DoubleYou

spain

Post by DoubleYou »

no sorry
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”