Seems to be a popular mistake though. Try entering Levan Polkka, with the L, at http://en.wikipedia.org/Fons wrote:it's Ieva's Polka (an i not a L)
As for that party in Helsinki ... http://www.macleans.ca/culture/news/sho ... t=e052637A
Christian
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
Seems to be a popular mistake though. Try entering Levan Polkka, with the L, at http://en.wikipedia.org/Fons wrote:it's Ieva's Polka (an i not a L)
Both queries that you posted are actually redirected to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ievan_Polkka So yes, the first word actually starts with an I ...Zé da Silva wrote:I still don't know the difference though.
Didn't bother looking at that.tabbs wrote: Both queries that you posted are actually redirected to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ievan_Polkka So yes, the first word actually starts with an I ...
There is an automatic redirected from the L to the I.Zé da Silva wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ieva%27s_Polka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levan_Polkka
Are the same article. I still don't know the difference though.

Even I made that mistake.tabbs wrote:Seems to be a popular mistake though. Try entering Levan Polkka, with the L, at http://en.wikipedia.org/Fons wrote:it's Ieva's Polka (an i not a L)![]()
As for that party in Helsinki ... http://www.macleans.ca/culture/news/sho ... t=e052637A
Christian

Yeah, the whole song is in (north) carelian dialect (i should've known, my both grandparents from fathers side are originally from Soviet occupied Carelia, and they still talk pretty much like that). And you're right, laiasta = laidasta, nuapurista = naapurista, immeiset = ihmiset, toevotti = toivotti, Ieva = Eeva and so on...androl wrote:So Ieva should be Eeva in standard Finnish? Are the whole lyrics written in dialect? I noticed the word laiasta, I think that should be laidasta in normal Finnish.


Oh yes, it does. Our top girlie-band "No Angels" were the last in ESC 2008 and ever since there is not much heard of them. At least not in terms of music. They made it recently to the front pages through the arrest of one of the girls right before she was to give a concert. She is framed for deliberately infecting at least one man with the HIV-virus that she carries inside her...tabbs wrote: And in case you end up with very few points, it would not look very good ... I know this does not apply to all countries that take part in the ESC. But it sure does for Germany (...).