Which countries in Europe did you already visite?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Post by querty »

!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
I think it can be cold there but beautiful.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
User avatar
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Mechelen (Flanders,Belgium)
Contact:

Post by !Pretfles! »

querty wrote:
!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
I think it can be cold there but beautiful.
but even more isolated than finland
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Post by querty »

Yes there is only sea around. But I think most of the Icelandic people like that.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
gardie
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:35 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by gardie »

Denmark [Copenhaguen, Jyllanti (I dunno what it is in English]
Germany [Berlin, Frankfurt]
Sweden [Stockholm]
France [Paris and somewhere in the Alps]
Poland [we drive throught the Poland]
Liettua (I don't have even a clue what's that in English) [same thing]
Latvia ( " ) [same thing]
Portugal [I don't remember the name of the town]
Netherlands [I was so young that I don't remember actually anything about that trip]
Estonia [Tallinn x 2, and uf! I hate that town nowadays!]

BTW, I would like to visit in Iceland. (I live in Finland) I think the landscape of Iceland is very beautiful indeed!
Siinä teille pähkinä purtavaksi.
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

Anonymous wrote:
querty wrote:
!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
I think it can be cold there but beautiful.
Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.

But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
This is mine. The PC keeps logging me out :evil: .

EDIT: :?: Now this quote is BEFORE the text I've quoted 8O :?:. What's wrong??
Guest

Post by Guest »

querty wrote:
!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
I think it can be cold there but beautiful.
Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.

But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
esperantisto
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:17 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Post by esperantisto »

Gardie:
Liettua = Lithuania
Latvia = Latvia (!)
User avatar
Bugs
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:48 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Bugs »

Netherlands
Belgium
Luxembourg
France
Germany
United Kingdom

United States (like California the most, but have been in many states, have driven twice from Atlanta to Los Angeles and back :) )
Mexico
certo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:29 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Post by certo »

Federal Republic of Germany (living there)
Denmark at least 50x? (everywhere)
German Democratic Republic at least 20x? (Berlin, Leipzig, Rostock)
Faroe Islands 3x (everywhere) 8)
Sweden 3x (Göteborg, Stockholm, Värmland)
Switzerland 3x (Geneve, Zürich, Bern)
France 3x (Paris, Verdun, Alps)
Norway 2x (Oslo)
Netherlands 2x (Amsterdam)
England 2x (London, York, Leeds)
Poland (Szezcin)
Belgium (driving through)
Luxemburg (Luxemburg :D )
Spain (Barcelona, Teruel)
Czech Rep. (Prague)

Never been in Austria, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Finland, Russia or outside Europe
User avatar
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 634
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:51 am
Location: Mt. Olympus

Post by Ganymede »

Not very impressive...
  • Netherlands (all over)
  • Belgium (Antwerp and Brussels)
  • BOBBEJAANLAND :wink:
  • Germany (including West- and East-Berlin, Munich)
  • Great-Britain (London, Brighton, Newcastle, Glasgow)
  • Italy (Rome, Milan, Turin)
  • The Vatican *
  • Portugal (Algarve)
  • Spain (Gran Canaria)
  • Russia (Moscow)
  • Ukraine (Kiev)
That's it, as far as I can remember. Looking back, I notice they're mainly big cities. I hadn't even thought of that before.

* EDIT: I even did the whole tourist thing. Of course we had a look round St. Peter's cathedral, went down into the catacombs with all the popes and even all the way to the grave of St. Peter himself. Unfortunately, this was befóre the euro.
Last edited by Ganymede on Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
certo
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:29 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Post by certo »

Ganymede wrote: BOBBEJAANLAND :wink:
Oh, I forgot LEGOLAND :lol:
Marrokina
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 2:10 am

Post by Marrokina »

I don't have a very impressive list either - beside my own country, Portugal (wich I may say I know a little better than my brother - BogPoet) I went to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Burgos, Sevilla and Ayamonte - a little town just across the border) and France (Lyon). Actually, I'll be going to France again nest week, by car once again. (The truth is... I've never been on a plain, 8O 8O - come to think of it, i know a lot of peoples who've never been on a plane too, so, I'm not so unhappy now... :D :D )

(:
Thomas B
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: Zeist, Netherlands

Post by Thomas B »

I've not a quite impressive list either, but with one far country in it!

- Netherlands
- Belgium
- France
- Germany
- Austria
- Spain
- England (only the airport. Does that count?)
- India :)

The last three country's where visited by plain (the best way to travel!! 8) ).
User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Post by querty »

Anonymous wrote:
querty wrote:
!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
I think it can be cold there but beautiful.
Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.

But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
Have you seen a geiser? (sorry I don't know how to call it in English) I think that must be impressive.
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Post by BogPoet »

querty wrote:
Have you seen a geiser? (sorry I don't know how to call it in English)
Don't sweat it. It's a geyser ;)
Tracking (again) Image
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”