I think it can be cold there but beautiful.!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
Which countries in Europe did you already visite?
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- !Pretfles!
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1693
- Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:20 pm
- Location: Mechelen (Flanders,Belgium)
- Contact:
but even more isolated than finlandquerty wrote:I think it can be cold there but beautiful.!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
Denmark [Copenhaguen, Jyllanti (I dunno what it is in English]
Germany [Berlin, Frankfurt]
Sweden [Stockholm]
France [Paris and somewhere in the Alps]
Poland [we drive throught the Poland]
Liettua (I don't have even a clue what's that in English) [same thing]
Latvia ( " ) [same thing]
Portugal [I don't remember the name of the town]
Netherlands [I was so young that I don't remember actually anything about that trip]
Estonia [Tallinn x 2, and uf! I hate that town nowadays!]
BTW, I would like to visit in Iceland. (I live in Finland) I think the landscape of Iceland is very beautiful indeed!
Germany [Berlin, Frankfurt]
Sweden [Stockholm]
France [Paris and somewhere in the Alps]
Poland [we drive throught the Poland]
Liettua (I don't have even a clue what's that in English) [same thing]
Latvia ( " ) [same thing]
Portugal [I don't remember the name of the town]
Netherlands [I was so young that I don't remember actually anything about that trip]
Estonia [Tallinn x 2, and uf! I hate that town nowadays!]
BTW, I would like to visit in Iceland. (I live in Finland) I think the landscape of Iceland is very beautiful indeed!
Siinä teille pähkinä purtavaksi.
- bhoeyb
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4270
- Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
- Location: Herentals - Belgium
- Contact:
This is mine. The PC keeps logging me outAnonymous wrote:Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.querty wrote:I think it can be cold there but beautiful.!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.
But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
EDIT:
-
Guest
Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.querty wrote:I think it can be cold there but beautiful.!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.
But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
-
esperantisto
- Euro-Regular in Training

- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:17 pm
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Federal Republic of Germany (living there)
Denmark at least 50x? (everywhere)
German Democratic Republic at least 20x? (Berlin, Leipzig, Rostock)
Faroe Islands 3x (everywhere)
Sweden 3x (Göteborg, Stockholm, Värmland)
Switzerland 3x (Geneve, Zürich, Bern)
France 3x (Paris, Verdun, Alps)
Norway 2x (Oslo)
Netherlands 2x (Amsterdam)
England 2x (London, York, Leeds)
Poland (Szezcin)
Belgium (driving through)
Luxemburg (Luxemburg
)
Spain (Barcelona, Teruel)
Czech Rep. (Prague)
Never been in Austria, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Finland, Russia or outside Europe
Denmark at least 50x? (everywhere)
German Democratic Republic at least 20x? (Berlin, Leipzig, Rostock)
Faroe Islands 3x (everywhere)
Sweden 3x (Göteborg, Stockholm, Värmland)
Switzerland 3x (Geneve, Zürich, Bern)
France 3x (Paris, Verdun, Alps)
Norway 2x (Oslo)
Netherlands 2x (Amsterdam)
England 2x (London, York, Leeds)
Poland (Szezcin)
Belgium (driving through)
Luxemburg (Luxemburg
Spain (Barcelona, Teruel)
Czech Rep. (Prague)
Never been in Austria, Italy, Greece, Ireland, Portugal, Finland, Russia or outside Europe
Not very impressive...
* EDIT: I even did the whole tourist thing. Of course we had a look round St. Peter's cathedral, went down into the catacombs with all the popes and even all the way to the grave of St. Peter himself. Unfortunately, this was befóre the euro.
- Netherlands (all over)
- Belgium (Antwerp and Brussels)
- BOBBEJAANLAND

- Germany (including West- and East-Berlin, Munich)
- Great-Britain (London, Brighton, Newcastle, Glasgow)
- Italy (Rome, Milan, Turin)
- The Vatican *
- Portugal (Algarve)
- Spain (Gran Canaria)
- Russia (Moscow)
- Ukraine (Kiev)
* EDIT: I even did the whole tourist thing. Of course we had a look round St. Peter's cathedral, went down into the catacombs with all the popes and even all the way to the grave of St. Peter himself. Unfortunately, this was befóre the euro.
Last edited by Ganymede on Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have a very impressive list either - beside my own country, Portugal (wich I may say I know a little better than my brother - BogPoet) I went to Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, Burgos, Sevilla and Ayamonte - a little town just across the border) and France (Lyon). Actually, I'll be going to France again nest week, by car once again. (The truth is... I've never been on a plain,
- come to think of it, i know a lot of peoples who've never been on a plane too, so, I'm not so unhappy now...
)
(:
(:
- querty
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 999
- Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
- Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium
Have you seen a geiser? (sorry I don't know how to call it in English) I think that must be impressive.Anonymous wrote:Iceland isn't that cold. In Vienna, it's colder in winter.querty wrote:I think it can be cold there but beautiful.!Pretfles! wrote:Imagine living in Iceland
The landscape is very stange: a lot of rocks (lava), dust, stones, sand, ... only a little grass and no bigg trees. The 'biggest' are 3m or something.
But indeed, a very beautiful country, esp. all volcanic activity!
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)
Carpe Ico
Carpe Ico



